1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,051 Posts
Bet he doesn't make that mistake again! :popcorn

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
"We only want law enforcement carrying guns in our stores because . . . because . . . ummmm. . . ."

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I'm telling you all that all of these Police need to have better firearms training and not just on the gun they carry.
Watch any show like "LIVE PD" or "COPS" and look at how they handle a gun.
This was a tragedy that never ever should happen to a gun toting professional.
I'm hoping he will recover from this with no serious problems.
Ronnie

I will say that 95% of the officers are good with guns, It is the 5% I'm talking about.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Sometimes people get so lax from doing something so many times they get into trouble especially with dangerous items.
When I was a LEO a officer I had gone through the academy with and knew he had been a green beret in military, had gone to the training academy to teach recruits. He brought a.44 mag. to class loaded with blanks. He was going to show the recruits what a gunshot sounded like. He went to put the loaded gun into his belt, no holster and it went off. The wading and gasses went into his thigh. The damage was so bad they thought he might lose his leg.
According to Doctors, he was so muscular that the damage was not as significant as might have been with someone in lesser condition that they were able to save his leg and he recovered completely returning to work.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Remember that it was a BLANK that killed Bruce Lee.
Any gun is a very dangerous item and really needs to be treated as one.
Ronnie

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I think you mean Brandon Lee, Bruce's son. Bruce died of brain edema. Brandon died as the result of film crew members making their own "inert" rounds by pulling the bullet out and dumping the powder, then putting the bullet back in place (ignoring the primer). At some point, one of those rounds were fired and the bullet stuck in the barrel and went unnoticed. When that gun was subsequently used to fire a blank round, the charge pushed the bullet round out with close to the force of a real live round, striking Lee and severing the main blood vessels in his abdomen.

Killed by a blank.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
You are right, Brandon was killed accidentally.
I'm Old and remember it was one of the Lee's.
Ronnie

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sometimes people get so lax from doing something so many times they get into trouble especially with dangerous items.
When I was a LEO a officer I had gone through the academy with and knew he had been a green beret in military, had gone to the training academy to teach recruits. He brought a.44 mag. to class loaded with blanks. He was going to show the recruits what a gunshot sounded like. He went to put the loaded gun into his belt, no holster and it went off. The wading and gasses went into his thigh. The damage was so bad they thought he might lose his leg.
According to Doctors, he was so muscular that the damage was not as significant as might have been with someone in lesser condition that they were able to save his leg and he recovered completely returning to work.
It didn't "go off." He squeezed/pulled/snagged the trigger. I'm sure he didn't intend to do that, but that's what had to happen. Guns don't "go off" on their own. An object at rest...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts