Florida Concealed Carry banner
141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
14,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
I need email addresses for everyone. Pm me them if you want.

·
Super Moderator
31,020 Posts
I need email addresses for everyone. Pm me them if you want.
Ok folks, you each need to reply/PM Bob on this latest request. I already sent mine by PM. So only 8 or 9 student email addresses to go. 🤠

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Email PM’d for Lisa and I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
31,020 Posts
OP updated to reflect deposits received from Caleb and Lisa; 9 of 10 deposits paid. 👍

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Make sure Caleb's checks don't bounce..

• Haha
Reactions: artemis

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Hey I got one more wanting to come. Please add Phil to the list.

·
Super Moderator
31,020 Posts
Hey I got one more wanting to come. Please add Phil to the list.
Will do. Please have Phil (and Cassandra) send the deposit for the course to Bob pronto.

Reactions: joecarry

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Christmas gift update:

For Christmas, I gave my older brother a bandolier for 12 ga shotgun shells.
He absolutely loved it !!!

Of course, I had pre-stuffed it with #00 Buck and 10 rounds of slugs. :)
EDIT: It holds 56 shells. Link: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CVFPMPF/

I will be bringing mine to Bob's class.
Now.... I just need to find a huge Mexican hat to go with it. (Is that stereotyping?)

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Christmas gift update:

For Christmas, I gave my older brother a bandolier for 12 ga shotgun shells.
He absolutely loved it !!!

Of course, I had pre-stuffed it with #00 Buck and 10 rounds of slugs. :)
EDIT: It holds 56 shells. Link: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CVFPMPF/

I will be bringing mine to Bob's class.
Now.... I just need to find a huge Mexican hat to go with it. (Is that stereotyping?)
Just ordered one for Lisa, thanks for the link.

·
Registered
14,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Check your emails for those that gave me their emails. I need everyone else that did not send theirs in to get them to me so they can be added to the loop.
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Check your emails for those that gave me their emails. I need everyone else that did not send theirs in to get them to me so they can be added to the loop.
Thanks
Bob
Received. I will reply for myself and for Lisa and will have her fill out the paperwork.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
So.. um....

Let's just say somebody wanted to go out and buy ammo specifically for this class.
What exactly are we supposed to bring -- and how much does it matter?

I'm only asking because there's been lots of talk regarding #00 buck, but Post #1 mentions a load of birdshot.
(Almost typed birdshit there...) :)

Now, I'm going to try to put my flame-suit on, because rumor has it I can in fact read, but it's pizza-Friday at work, so no guarantees on fit.
Plus, I forgot to re-read Post #1 before posting here - but I will go back now and check it. :)

·
Super Moderator
31,020 Posts
OP basically says birdshot can be used for the course to save money over buckshot.

Also check your email from South Florida Gun School (Bob's Co.). That email mentions more detail on what will be covered in the course and ammunition is one of many items on the agenda, along with some forms to fill out and return.

I'm sure Bob will verbalize his thoughts on SD/HD ammo in the course, but there is some debate over loads for Home Defense. Some suggest 00 buck for HD and others suggest #4 buckshot (not the same #4 birdshot) may be a better choice. It likely depends on the situation, consideration for penetration/over-penetration, etc.

ETA: Bob, I'll have those completed forms on their way back to you in tomorrow's mail!

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
You should at least run a full mag or two of your intended SD ammo to make sure it runs through your gun. But, with that said the rest of the coarse can be shot with birdshot and the suggest 30 or so rounds of slugs. Birdshot will be easier on the shoulder, just saying.

Bob, I emailed you Lisa’s and I’s paperwork this evening. Let me know if you received it or if I need to resend it. Thanks.

141 - 156 of 156 Posts