Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
These two really needed shooting.
The Police officers had no idea of who they were or why they were running. They could have just killed someone, Could have had a body in the trunk, Could have done something bad enough that they were not going to be caught..
Could have done anything.
All they had to do was get out of the car, The kids Mom was there and the 15 year old driving would probably have just been turned over to Mom.
What we need in America is a class on what to do when stopped by the Police when you break a traffic law in every school in America.
They were more then likely running because the 15 year old did not have a permit to drive but the Police sure did not know it at the time.
Ronnie.

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
I was listening to the so-called "expert" as why the deputy had to continue shooting as the vehicle passed by them (as evidenced by the holes in the rear door window on the driver's side). I have no idea how that hole got there, but for him to pontificate that the LEO should have stopped shooting as the vehicle drove by, to me, is ridiculous. What if the driver flipped it into reverse and tried to back up and hit the LEO? Sorry dude, but the threat wasn't over.... It was still active as long as that car was in motion.

I wonder if Benjamin Crump paid that "expert" I never heard of to comment on this....

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Don’t be too certain, you never know. There could be a finding adverse to the Sheriff. It would likely involve a time/motion study of the shooting. When the car is heading directly at you it is a threat. If you are firing into the side windows, the car is not much of a threat unless the driver is armed.

The expert that was on the news, Chuck Drago was the police chief in Oviedo and runs a police consulting business. He has been around for a long time. You never know if he was paid or volunteered for the publicity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts