Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took my daughter to the FCC (outdoor) range. It had been a while since she shot. She would need to re-qualify for the longer 200 / 300 electronic target ranges since they updated the criteria.

So, she warmed up a bit at the 100 yard range with the Ruger 6.5 Creedmoor.

This is the 5-shot target she shot right before deciding to do the qualification run. Looks like 3 in one hole and 2 in the other hole. Edit to add group measurement: 1/2-MOA!
Organism Font Plant Natural foods Terrestrial plant

Air gun Machine gun Trigger Outdoor recreation Shotgun

Then she shot this qualification target.
The new criteria: 5 shots in a 3-inch group somewhere in the 5-1/2 inch black aiming area.
Booya! In like Flynn! 0.600-MOA!
Font Circle Recreation Science Target archery

Then we went to the pistol range. She's shot a pistol only once before... a Ruger SR22. So, we started on that again. Then she fired about 6 shots through my P80 EDC build. The grip is big for her hands. She didn't like it much. But, she did it and was on paper!
Plant Shooting range Grass Wood Recreation

Great day at the range with my girl! I think she out-shot everyone at the rifle range!

·
Registered
18,976 Posts
A day at the range with your kid is always a good time. Well done.
Explain ‘5 shots in a 3 1/2 inch group within the 5 1/2 inch aiming area a bit more. Do all 5 shots have to be within 3 1/2 inches of each other whether or not they are centered in the black? Is the target we see and the black area 5 1/2 inches across? Just trying to do some figuring for when I may try this with an open sight Garand.

·
Registered
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Explain ‘5 shots in a 3 1/2 inch group within the 5 1/2 inch aiming area a bit more. Do all 5 shots have to be within 3 1/2 inches of each other whether or not they are centered in the black? Is the target we see and the black area 5 1/2 inches across?
Five consecutive shots in a 3-inch group (not 3-1/2). The group can be anywhere in the black area, which happens to be 5-1/2 inches in diameter. The shot group doesn't have to be centered. It can be ANYWHERE in the black area, but the 5-shot GROUP cannot exceed 3 inches. Capiche? ;)

Here's a 3-inch (red) circle drawn to the side but still inside the 5-1/2 inch black area. I've placed 5 simulated (green) shots within it. So, this "virtual" group would be a pass.
Automotive tire Circle Rim Art Font

1 - 7 of 7 Posts