Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is my new-to-me CZ 75b pistol that I baught off of a buddy. This thing is an absolute pleasure to shoot and is a tac driver as is. but, I can't leave well enough alone. So, i will "blog" my upgrades here. Sort of a way to keep track of what I have done to this thing.

List of intended upgrades:
+lighter weight Main/Hammer Spring
+Competition Hammer
+SA conversion
+Lighter fireing pin Spring
+Extended Fireing Pin
+FPB delete
+Lighter Recoil Spring
+Magazine Safety delete
+Target Sights (black Rear/FO front)
+Better Grips
+Extended Mag Well
+Cosmedics (it's gotta look good)
+Polished Internals

Stock pics:

Any suggestions/comments are welcomed.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Disassembly and Action Smoothing

UPDATE:

So I decided to tinker, I was bored last week so why not. Before I did a complete disassembly, I took a SA trigger pull reading (no need for a DA reading, sinse my gauge does not read that high). I was going to smooth the action using a couple of how-to threads on the CZ forums and youtube. Here is the reading of the SA pull before anything was done.

This was the average pull of 5.........5.7#s or so on SA

So, on to the disassembly. Followed the step-by-steps and double checked everything to see how it operates. I found this to be fairly easy to accomplish. Here is how it looks all gutted out (I installed the grips loosely to set asside through the ordeal). Note: I did not remove the sights or extractor, it was not needed for this "upgrade".

First things first, I pollished the barrel feed ramp. Followed by the barrel locking lugs and finally the rest of the barrel.

This pic is after assembly, 'cause I forgot to snap a pic before it was installed. You get the idea, tho.

Now I know it's not a mirror finish, but it works for me (plus, the cell pics do it no justice),

Stay tuned, there is more to come!

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
UPDATE #2
Continuation of some pollishing to smooth out the trigger pull.

Today i went and pollished the safety plunger.

I also pollished the safety plunger lifter thingie <------technical term.

Now, it's HAMMER TIME! Note: i did not change any angles or surface areas/tooling marks while pollishing. I just made it shiny and smooth for less friction.

Next I worked on the sear...

Last but not least, the trigger bar... this needed a lot of work.

Tomorrow is another day, thanks for looking.
Caleb

·
Banned
943 Posts
I shot a CZ75B for Steel Challenge for 8 years or so. All I did was replace the curved main spring with a flat one and install thinner grips and won some prize money in regional matches. Better sights would have been useful for those stages with distant small plates but I like to keep my guns as stock as possible so that any shooting skills I learn can be transferred to my non competition guns.

I do not understand why you listed "+Cosmedics (it's gotta look good)" for a competition/range pistol. Looking good has nothing to do with shooting at the range or in competition. Win a few matches and you will get all the attention you can handle. :)

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OldDog: Don't get me wrong, this pistol can be shot in comp as is. But, I like to tinker (got that from my dad). So, I will be upgrading some parts at the same time keeping it reliable.

I listed cosmedics because, well its gotta look good. At least to me, just a personal preference. Is it needed? No.

I'm not going into competition as a goal to be the best as of now. Just to go have fun, meet good people, and have something to do.

·
Banned
943 Posts
Understand. I buy guns that look good but they rarely are shot. More for my collection and ultimate resale like the one below which only has 50 rounds through it. I am looking at three others that have never been fired. :)

My working guns are strictly utilitarian and plain. They are tools to me and get scratched and covered with skate board tape. As far as the CZ goes, other than new grips, I do not know what else you can do to make it look good. I have seen some with chromed slides. To me it is the metal equivalent of a Glock. Not a gun I ever considered attractive like my HiPower Practical with the chromed slide and black body was. That was a real looker but it was shot little and part of my collection. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and even Glocks are considered good looking by some. :)

SW1911.jpg

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Understand. I buy guns that look good but they rarely are shot. More for my collection and ultimate resale like the one below which only has 50 rounds through it. I am looking at three others that have never been fired. :)

My working guns are strictly utilitarian and plain. They are tools to me and get scratched and covered with skate board tape. As far as the CZ goes, other than new grips, I do not know what else you can do to make it look good. I have seen some with chromed slides. To me it is the metal equivalent of a Glock. Not a gun I ever considered attractive like my HiPower Practical with the chromed slide and black body was. That was a real looker but it was shot little and part of my collection. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and even Glocks are considered good looking by some. :)

View attachment 12051
Kind of like this safe queen????

View attachment 12053

So I went online to buy a black carry Springfield 1911, I win the auction, them I find out I won a 1994 Champion with less than twenty five rounds through it...another safe queen.

Back to Glocks....but I do like the CZ....never have fired one

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have never fired a cz, then you are missing out. The DA can use some work, but the SA is were its at. Pointability is on point with the ergonomics and the overall feel in hand is perfect. I like all kinds of brands/pistol manufacturers, but right now the CZs got my vote for my favorite. But, when it comes down to it......its just a tool.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
If you have never fired a cz, then you are missing out. The DA can use some work, but the SA is were its at. Pointability is on point with the ergonomics and the overall feel in hand is perfect. I like all kinds of brands/pistol manufacturers, but right now the CZs got my vote for my favorite. But, when it comes down to it......its just a tool.
But liking a tool is a good thing to me. I have seen plenty of positive posts on CZ's, gonna make a priority to find/shoot one.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But liking a tool is a good thing to me. I have seen plenty of positive posts on CZ's, gonna make a priority to find/shoot one.
Oh I totaly agree.

If you are ever in my town, you are more than welcomed to shoot mine.

BTW: You and OldDog have some nice safe queens!

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Oh I totaly agree.

If you are ever in my town, you are more than welcomed to shoot mine.

BTW: You and OldDog have some nice safe queens!
haha...safe queens somehow show up, I've never planned one of them. Have guns so pretty up in SC my wife won't let me sell them, and she don't care about guns.
I'll shoot at Gator on Okeechobee this Saturday...gonna hit the gunshow and shoot on way home. Hoping there is a CZ at the gunshow.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha...safe queens somehow show up, I've never planned one of them. Have guns so pretty up in SC my wife won't let me sell them, and she don't care about guns.
I'll shoot at Gator on Okeechobee this Saturday...gonna hit the gunshow and shoot on way home. Hoping there is a CZ at the gunshow.
Lol....Nothing wrong with safe queens, there has been plenty of those that I passed up only because I could not afford them.

I will be in Orlando this weekend, so no gun show for me this time. That might be a good thing since I have bills to catch up on, lol...

·
Banned
11,161 Posts
The CZ75 is a very good pistol right out of the box. The DA trigger is a little stiff, but is serviceable. Interestingly, the grip on the CZ75 is nearly identical to that on the Browning P-35 Hi-Power. It will be a good platform for tinkering with and you should have a lot of fun with it. Enjoy.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The CZ75 is a very good pistol right out of the box. The DA trigger is a little stiff, but is serviceable. Interestingly, the grip on the CZ75 is nearly identical to that on the Browning P-35 Hi-Power. It will be a good platform for tinkering with and you should have a lot of fun with it. Enjoy.

Thanks Mac. I have ordered some springs and a new upgraded trigger pin, as soon as those come in I will put this beast back together and see how it shoots after the springs.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
update on post #2

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
update on post #3

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
UPDATE #3

MOVING ALONG....

I went with CGW DA Ultralite Spring Kit, Light Weight trigger Return Spring, and Upgraded Trigger Pin. The DA kit comes with two hammer/main springs, 11.5lb and 8lb. I chose to use the 11.5lb spring for better ignition on all primers. Also, the DA kit comes with a lightened FPB spring and an extended firing pin with spring.

Here are the CGW parts located to the right of the factory parts.

Here is the CGW light trigger return spring (on right). Also pictured is the CGW trigger pin with slave pin (this thing helps wonders getting everything lined up).

CGW extended firing pin with light spring. Notice the oem pin seems to be pollished, I did not pollish the CGW pin. Maybe i should of? IDK?

Time for re-assembly..

All the action has been installed....hammer, trigger, trigger bar, sear, disconnector, fpb, mag brake, and all new CGW lightened springs.

Continued...........

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is the new trigger pin installed

Notice in this shot, the mag brake has been straightened out to allow drop free operation.

SHE IS DONE!!! For now, LOL.....

Sorry for the crappy pic (cell phone).

·
Registered
8,779 Posts
nice xk. looks a lot more fun then a 1911 :rofl

·
Super Moderator
19,792 Posts
Very nice work, Caleb!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts