Florida Concealed Carry banner
1,921 - 1,930 of 1,930 Posts
I went to the plantation license renewal station today. I’m from out of state. I was in and out in 15 minutes. Being from out of state they have to mail my license to me. No big deal my license doesn’t expire till June. I thought Ohio was quick Florida was best. I was able to pay with a credit card or check. No appointment was needed. All I had to bring was my Florida CCWP.

My girlfriend's timeline.

Oct 3, 2018 Initial application, in person, at the local, friendly Ag office.
Nov 28, 2018 Notified (in writing) that the fingerprints were not valid.
Nov 29, 2018 Resubmitted new and improved fingerprints.
Jan 4, 2019 Called to enquire and was told the prints were still not valid and the application was sent to the FBI for the name check.
Feb 4, 2019 Called again to check status. Informed that the application was waiting to be mailed.
Mar 4, 2019 Called again to check if the Post Office was still in business. The Ag office stated that the application was at the FBI for a name check.
Mar 18, 2019 Shiny new CWFL arrived in the mail today.

The lesson here is to make VERY sure that your fingerprints are valid and readable.

My wife also had issues with here fingerprints, had to re-do them. Eventually got her permit.

Sent my application today via an in person visit Duval County Tax Collector's office. I had an appointment and walked right in.
The app was sent today (7/8) and has already been received, I checked just outta curiosity.

Applied at the Brevard County Tax Collector Office on 6/15. License issued 7/1. Still waiting to get it in the mail.
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Ian and congratulations on submitting your application and DOACS issuing it so quickly! đź‘‹

Now that you've made your first post without posting a proper introduction thread first, please take the time to post you're own Introduction to FCC letting forum members know a little about you, particularly firearms and CC experience and our inherent right to keep and bear arms. You can do that by going to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. Then you'll find that lots of other FCC members will know to chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, and will be more responsive in answering questions! Also, if you're a veteran, take a look at our Military Service Thread where you'll find many of us there, too!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Finally, I would like to recommend you consider joining Florida Carry and join the effort to protect the rights of Floridians to keep and bear arms!

Again, welcome to FCC! :cool:

I applied - Non-Resident from Texas On October 1st, 2020. (Date they received per Tracking info) As of today nothing yet. 48 days. Flordia web site says their average is 55 days, as well as they are allowed 90 days. So a little over halfway to 90, and 7 days from their "claimed" average.

I applied - Non-Resident from Texas On October 1st, 2020. (Date they received per Tracking info) As of today nothing yet. 48 days. Flordia web site says their average is 55 days, as well as they are allowed 90 days. So a little over halfway to 90, and 7 days from their "claimed" average.
Up until this COVID business, they were getting the really quick, even fast for veteran apps that go to the front of the line. I'd heard of one vet getting his back in something like 9 days from applying in-person. Ever since COVID shutdowns, the wait time has crept back up towards the 90 day mark. Best of luck yours is issued quickly. Not many report in this thread lately to get a large enough sample to know how well things are going. So please do report back here if you can when hear something back. 🤠

1,921 - 1,930 of 1,930 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.