Florida Concealed Carry banner
1,901 - 1,920 of 1,930 Posts
Been checking that online status daily, it says they have up to 90 days. Just saw some of the posts here about them getting it processed within ten days. Hopefully I will as well.

QUOTE=gandrfab;1672762]I haven't received mine yet. The whole application process has gone electronic at the Merritt Island Office.
That is the information I received checking the progress @ https://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/CWStatusCheck/CWStatusChk.aspx[/QUOTE]

I applied at the regional agricultural department in ft Walton beach on 3/15/18. Nothing yet. No issues with background or anything to worry about. Some of you guys are getting them fast. Are any of you military or veteran? I know they are expediting those apps right now.
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Tdh777! :wave

Since this was your first post to FCC, now would be a really good time to also go back and post you're own Introduction thread to FCC so the members get to know you. You can do that by going to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. Then you'll find that lots of other FCC members will know to chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, and will be more responsive in answering questions!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Finally, I would like to recommend you consider joining Florida Carry and join the effort to protect the rights of Floridians to keep and bear arms!

Again, welcome to FCC! :grin

Applied 3/14 @ Merritt Island - Brevard County Tax Collector Office
License was issued on 03/19/2018. Please allow up to 15 business days for your license to be printed and mailed.
For anyone keeping track. I received my I.D. 4/2.

Checked the status today and they said that my initial background check was complete but the info they recieved was inconclusive. Has anyone ran into this? Just curious as I have never been arrested. Not sure if this is just routine phrasing on the status online.

I applied for a CWP at a Hillsborough County Tax Collector's Office on March 26. The license was issued March 29 and I received the ID today, April 6, 2018. Very easy process. The Tax Collector's Office was super.

I called their inquiry line and the lady told me it was because I was charged with a possession of stolen property in 2007.
They are waiting on the results. I completely forgot about that. I was never arrested, they served me with a subpoena and I went to court. The charges were dropped. Apparently the dept never put any kind of documentation about what happened with the case.
Even if this was a charge I got, it still shouldn’t matter right? It would have been a misdeameanor and a non violent one.

Whatever the timeline was.... mine car on the exact day of the last day given. Like 90 days I think....maybe.... I can’t realkt remember. But it wasn’t over the number of days they said. So there is that I guess.

Whatever the timeline was.... mine car on the exact day of the last day given. Like 90 days I think....maybe.... I can’t realkt remember. But it wasn’t over the number of days they said. So there is that I guess.
But yours was processed and issued a few years ago, no? :dunno
DOACS has improved their processing times quite a bit in the last year or so.

Checked this morning after waiting awhile to recheck.
Filed 3/15/18
Site says it was issued on 4/27/18
Allow 15 days for printing and mailing. Should have it in a couple of days!!!
Very excited to finally have it.

Waiting...

Filed electronic 9/14/18
- 59 days (website shows "processing")
Website says 50-55 days to process
Phone Auto-check says 8-12 weeks to process
Update:
- Issued: 11/15/2018 (62 Days)
- Web shows "Please allow up to 15 business days for your license to be printed and mailed."
- In hand: 11/21/2018

I applied for mine at Jacksonville regional office on 12/13/2018. Still getting 90day message online.

Since I had not gotten Fla CCW I mailed renewal forms for AZ CWP on Jan 5 and got it back Jan 15 2019. That included 8 days in the mail back and forth. AZ permits are issued by the Department of Public Safety (Arizona State Troopers).

Just checked online and it was issued today (1/4/2019). It took about 51 days for approval. It will be mailed to me sometime in the next three weeks.

When I applied they told me it was running 55 days for approval and it took 51 days so it looks like the new AG Comm is not slowing the process down yet.

I applied for mine at Jacksonville regional office on 12/13/2018. Still getting 90day message online.

Since I had not gotten Fla CCW I mailed renewal forms for AZ CWP on Jan 5 and got it back Jan 15 2019. That included 8 days in the mail back and forth. AZ permits are issued by the Department of Public Safety (Arizona State Troopers).
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, DrDavid! :wave

FYI, an out of state CWL can only be used for concealed carry in Florida up to 90 days after you establish residency in Florida.

Since this was your first post to FCC, now would be a really good time to also go back and post you're own Introduction thread to FCC so the members get to know you. You can do that by going to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. Then you'll find that lots of other FCC members will know to chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, and will be more responsive in answering questions!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Finally, I would like to recommend you consider joining Florida Carry and join the effort to protect the rights of Floridians to keep and bear arms!

Again, welcome to FCC! :grin

Just checked online and it was issued today (1/4/2019). It took about 51 days for approval. It will be mailed to me sometime in the next three weeks.

When I applied they told me it was running 55 days for approval and it took 51 days so it looks like the new AG Comm is not slowing the process down yet.

Just got it today (1/8/2019) It took 55 days from start to finish. That is exactly what they told me it would take when I applied in December.

1,901 - 1,920 of 1,930 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.