Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This created a brief issue for me at the polls once.

First, the notion of poll workers being "handwriting experts" is laughable on its face. Utterly ABSURD.

The signature on my license is OLD. Really old. At least a decade or more? Because I sign my name many times a day (at work), my signature has evolved since then... it's more and more illegible... about the only readable letter is the first letter followed by what has become more of a running line. :grin

So, my signature did not match the one on the license. I explained why. She didn't care. So, I said, "Give me my license, and I'll copy the signature." She did, and so I did exactly that. STUPID. Proves NOTHING. But, she was an unthinking cog in the wheel who robotically follows orders.

As a poll worker, a CWFL is an acceptable form of ID in conjunction with another that meets the criteria of photo, signature and address

As a poll worker, a CWFL is an acceptable form of ID in conjunction with another that meets the criteria of photo, signature and address
That doesn't solve the imaginary "issue" that my current signature does not match my old signature on my license, according to the handwriting analysis experts working the polls. :)

I ran into that with some kind of certification test. Wasn't valid but I think a credit / debit card was. Whatever?

I've since got a US Passport card that I carry and leave the passport in the safe at home. Not that I've needed it much for a second ID.
Same here, I keep the passport card on me like my d/l at all times. That card will always be accepted as a second form of ID

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.