Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
So your telling me that last year every 45th person I passed was potentially armed :eek:......Just kidding.

Very interesting stat. I thought that less people had license but I wonder how many CWL holders actually carry regularly.

·
Registered
974 Posts
That's kind of strange. The highest and lowest rates are right next to one another. Usually I would expect to see some distance between the extremes.

I wonder if one county is much less densely populated than the other.

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
If these Numbers being what they were in 2007, I can only imagine what they will be showing for the new stats for this year I believe they would easily be doubled even tripled,I guess we will see when they come out.

BROWARD 45638
DADE 53570
DUVAL 23947
HILLSBOROUGH 26632
ORANGE 26337
PALM BEACH 36586
PINELLAS 22951

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
As of 11/30/2008 there are over a half million Concealed Weapon/Firearm License Holders

2007 total population was estimated at 18,680,367
Over 21 yrs of age= approx. 12,000,000

If my calculations are correct, 1 in every 22 persons over the age of 21 is potentially is caring a firearm legally in Florida.

With stats like this, I think it would be difficult to pass anti gun laws in Florida

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steve66, do you know if those numbers include non-resident FL CWLs or do they represent FL residents only?

·
Super Moderator
19,799 Posts
Steve66, do you know if those numbers include non-resident FL CWLs or do they represent FL residents only?
That's all licenses. Of that number, 55,000 and some change are out of state licenses.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Florida's population up to April 08 is 18,807,219

and houses 123,909 inmates.

So for every inmate housed in jail or prison, 5 good people have concealed permits :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like those numbers :D

So who's gonna nail the dunkin doughnuts guys? I have it on authority that the congressman in that district is planning on introducing some gun control legislation because of that mess.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
We need stronger penalties regarding using guns in crimes. People Kill people. I say, if you are caught with a gun and your a felon, 20 yrs mandatory. If you are a felon and commit a murder, you get to meet old sparky.

·
653 Posts
I think, Old Sparky has been retired. I believe we have gone to lethal injection. Which of course several death row immates have challenged as being cruel and unsual. I say we give them a choice, they can take the injection or sit on Sparky's lap.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I think, Old Sparky has been retired. I believe we have gone to lethal injection. Which of course several death row immates have challenged as being cruel and unsual. I say we give them a choice, they can take the injection or sit on Sparky's lap.
Lets add the firing squad to the list of choices and remove the lame injection.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Why can't we just use the same weapon the murderer used on his victim so he/she gets exactly what the victim got.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Why can't we just use the same weapon the murderer used on his victim so he/she gets exactly what the victim got.
You got my vote :thumsup

·
Registered
974 Posts
Lets add the firing squad to the list of choices and remove the lame injection.
I would hate to force people to shoot others cold blooded. I'm not all that comfortable with the people who would really volunteer for that position either. I could see it if it was bin Laden but not your everyday gun felon.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I would hate to force people to shoot others cold blooded. I'm not all that comfortable with the people who would really volunteer for that position either. I could see it if it was bin Laden but not your everyday gun felon.
I wouldn't subject an everyday felon to the firing squad. This would be my sentencing if I could make the punishment fit the crime

Everyday Gun Felon - one who gets caught with a illegal gun on his/her person = 5-10 yrs

Gun felon caught in a criminal offense (Armed Robery, etc)= 20 yrs in prison

Gun Felon murderer = death by firing squad :rifle

Even felons would think twice about obtaining a gun illegally. Gun crime would drop substantially. :)

Bin Laden - Drop him off a plane at 10,000 ft without a parachute, live of course :dancingbanana

·
Registered
974 Posts
Gun Felon murderer = death by firing squad

Bin Laden - Drop him off a plane at 10,000 ft without a parachute, live of course :dancingbanana
I don't know how I would feel about somebody volunteering to kill even a felony murderer other than somebody related to the victim or in response to a really bad crime.

I can think of a lot better things to do with bin Laden. If he was a lawful combatant they would be far outside the Geneva Conventions. Sandpaper may be involved as well as a lonesome bull, axle grease and glass shards.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts