Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my renewal notice in the mail yesterday. I had set a reminder note on my phone a few years ago that it was coming due at this time. Thought about going to Tampa’s regional office and then read on line certain tax collectors offices will do a renewal and have you walk out with license in hand. I also read that on here somewhere before.

Today at lunch time I went to my tax collector’s office which is an approved site on the website. Waited 33 minutes for my number to be called. Went in the back room. Clerk finishing up with pics and payment from an older couple getting first time licenses (presumably) as they needed fingerprints too. Clerk told them to sit over by the finger print machines and she’d be right with them as soon as she did my renewal. She then asked me for my current CWFL and DL. Asked if the address was still correct. Charged me $57.00 ($45 + $12 convenience fee), paid by check so no additional charge. CC would be extra $1.50. Got pic taken and license printed. In and out of that office in 5 minutes! I was in awe. Never saw a government office move with such swiftness in my life.

IMHO, to walk out the door with a 5 minute renewal time for an extra 12 bucks is worth the “convenience fee”. If I hadn’t gone at lunch, I’d have most likely waited a few minutes. Went last week to renew the DL later in the afternoon, 5-10 minute wait and I was at the counter getting registrations and new DL.

They got their act together. Very efficient place. Unbelievable it’s part of the government. Kudos to them! (y)

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Had the same experience when I renewed mine except I had no wait at all. Straight in, walked out minutes later with the renewed license. WAY better and more convenient than having to drive 45min to a DOA office.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Sounds exactly how my experience here in Gainesville went when I renewed mine.

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
240 Posts
Government office getting a compliment(s), that doesn't happen too often. (y)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Recently renewed my CT permit by mail only and it took seven weeks. Glad to see that Florida has their act together. I think most tax offices do, when I first got my new FL drivers license it was about 10 minutes. Less than an hour to register two cars, in CT I would have had to take a day off from work and waited 4-6 hours in line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts