Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I''ve gone to a couple, mostly 2 Guys shows. Pretty well attended, almost normal.

What are your experiences?

·
Super Moderator
26,570 Posts
Haven't gone to a gun show in almost 5 years and don't plan to, either.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
The gunshows have made things hard on private sellers, this was where most bargins were found at times like now prices will be up. IMHO , I think shopping online on holidays like black friday is where the best deals are going to be found. Buds and Grab a gun are two of my favorite's.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I would like to take a co-worker to their first-ever gun show, but in these times...

A) Who knows if the Shows will actually take place due to COVID-19 and social distancing / business shutdowns, etc..
B) Even if the event is held, who has any inventory to sell these days? All the gun shops are wiped out!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to Sarasota, Largo and Pt. Charlotte recently and there were plenty of guns, Both from private sellers and dealers. The trick is to avoid Shows that prohibit private sales like Florida Gun Shows. Competition is your friend.

I was curious about attendance, availability of firearms and so on further south and up north.

The shows I went to were well attended (Largo in particular) but not crazy crowded. Masks were mandatory at the Pt. Charlotte show but not at the others. Not sure what will happen given recent developments.

·
Super Moderator
6,002 Posts
Where do you buy ammo? Gun Shows seem to have the best deals.
Online.
LuckyGunner.com
ammunitiondepot.com (which is South Florida)

Shipped straight to you. I always look for the shipping deals.

·
Super Moderator
26,570 Posts
Online.
LuckyGunner.com
ammunitiondepot.com (which is South Florida)

Shipped straight to you. I always look for the shipping deals.
Same for me. The "deals" at gunshows were spotty at best and after the drive, entrance fee, and time spent sorting the wheat from the chaff, not so much a deal.

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
Where do you buy ammo? Gun Shows seem to have the best deals.
Gosh, no they do not! LOL! The ammo prices I've seen at gun shows in the past were laughably high. Like stupid high prices. Higher than even local gun stores.

But, yeah... buying in bulk from any variety of online dealers is the way to go. Ammoseek.com is a good resource to check prices at various online dealers. Be aware of shipping costs, as they can be a big factor. Some online dealers may have a seemingly very good deal on the ammo, but they gouge you on the shipping.

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
It's been a long time since I've been to a show. You MIGHT find a good deal, but you need to know the going prices for whatever it is your buying. Generally speaking, I have not found it to be worthwhile, given the crowds, the admission fee, and high prices for most things. But, yes... I have bought a few guns at shows in the past. They were decent deals, but not especially good deals.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've found bargains in the private sale of guns. Never really bought from stores that had tables, more from the private guys.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Gun shows are probably a good way for "newbie" gun owners, and/or those who are still on the fence, to go lay their hands on a bunch of different brand and style of weapons, and collect some valuable recon.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I look at gun shows as going to the movies, entertainment. Look at a lot rarely buy.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I went to one here in Jacksonville two weekends ago. Got me 500 rounds of 357sig from Georgia Arms. They have not had anything available on their website recently. Other than that I have not been to one in several years.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts