Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Old Faithful IWB holster I use to carry at 3:30 but there are times I know I will be driving a lot and sitting a lot. For this I wanted a holster for crossdraw carry.
I looked at every holster I could find. Kept wondering if I need one with no cant or reverse cant.

THEN I found the "perfect" holster. REMORA holsters, you can set it with no cant, forward cant or reverse cant, AND it has no belt clip either. Just set it where you want and tighten your belt. This makes it more concealable, more comfortable and it has good retention and easy to draw.

So if you like appendix or crossdraw carry DO check out Remora holsters.

:popcorn

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I like remoras too. However, I found mine would shift around sometimes throughout the day. Nothing major, but noticeable. Sticky holsters like Remoras are very convenient, and can be pretty comfortable, but you do sacrifice some of the stability you get with a belted holster.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a good gun belt and it keeps my Remora from shifting. For an inexpensive holster Remora has it all over Uncle Mike's.

:popcorn

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I can carry a G30 with a Remora and elastic waist shorts. (Florida old man uniform) The trick is put the Remora inside your tighty whities. The extra elastic helps keep it in place.

·
Registered
54,806 Posts
I can carry a G30 with a Remora and elastic waist shorts. (Florida old man uniform) The trick is put the Remora inside your tighty whities. The extra elastic helps keep it in place.
TMI,TMI sir :grin

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
And if you find yourself going "commando?" :laughing

·
Registered
20,634 Posts
you had to know this one was headed there....

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
It's a heat issue, still trying to have kids :rofl
:puke

Don't even talk to me about heat issues, have you seen some of the underwear women are supposed to wear (well besides in catalogs) :rofl

Never mind, don't answer that I can imagine what you'll come up with

·
Registered
8,775 Posts

Don't even talk to me about heat issues, have you seen some of the underwear women are supposed to wear (well besides in catalogs) :rofl

Wimmins ain't supposed to wear underwear :grin

·
Registered
54,806 Posts

I'm not one to visit Gloria's Secret [ or whatever name that place is women buy their dainties at- Victoria, ya, that's it :grin ] at the mall.

And I don't think you got the joke about the heat issue trying to have kids. :rofl

·
Registered
16,870 Posts
I'm not one to visit Gloria's Secret [ or whatever name that place is women buy their dainties at- Victoria, ya, that's it :grin ] at the mall.

And I don't think you got the joke about the heat issue trying to have kids. :rofl
To the first.....Cheap bstd!

the second..if it hasn't worked yet....i wouldn't bother anymore :(. And cotton works the same while keeping others sane...:grin

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Sorry to derail the underwear topic....

The Remora sticky holsters are a neat idea. But they lack in many ways to a properly secured holster. My Nano sits in a Panther that I adjust according to carry. BUG duty it sits just behind my weak hip. (GM I already see the old joke, no need to point it out) But it has also taken to in the pocket, gym short waste band and even truck carry. Being able to clip means it doesn't matter how loose or tight I have it, it wont move. The draw on a full kydex (mine is holstex up charge option) wont be beat my the fuzzy felt like inner of the remora esp since the remora requires being squeezed on to stay put. What I am trying to get at is that simply holding the gun is only part of the job of a good quality holster.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
These thread comments makes me wonder when someone will design a holster designed to strap around your "junk" for the ultimate in summertime concealed commando carry..... Maybe that's too much of a graphic image.....

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
edited before posting for inappropriate comments

·
Registered
16,870 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts