Votes: 8 40.0%
  • None

Votes: 11 55.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, how many folks use a dedicated concealment garment all the time, such as a vest or overshirt. I've always felt that in FL, a vest or outer shirt was a pretty good giveaway during the summer. I've seen accounts where some convicts actually look upon people wearing some sort of vest as likely weapon carriers, so they're generally avoided in their target selection.

Usually, I just wear an untucked shirt. When it gets cooler (the two or three days of the year), I'll have a tucked undershirt, and another shirt untucked over that. I don't foresee ever wanting to wear any type of vest, though...whether a dedicated carry vest, photographer's vest, etc. Since I'm pretty much wearing what I normally would wear, and not anything specific to conceal my gun, I've voted 'None'.

-JT

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Well generally I just wear a t-shirt untucked and that's usually good enough to conceal my weapon. If I'm going out for dinner or a party I will wear a shirt untucked. Come to think of it I've never concealed carry tucked before.

When I ride however I wear a vest because the wind will give you away as soon as you hit 10mph.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I'll concede a vest for a bike rider :)

However, if you're wearing a leather vest, but stepping into a Prius, something just ain't right. :D

-JT

·
Registered
115 Posts
Even if I wanted to it's just too darn hot here for a cover garment. If it was cooler I would do it only because there are some nice OWB holsters out there that i'd like to try.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If I wear my Galco Miami Classic rig...I wear it over a T-shirt with a button down shirt hanging open over it...Don Johnson/Miami Vice style...

It works...even in the Florida environment...especially if it's a Hawaiian shirt...which offers a nice pattern to beak up any outlines...and they are light... :)

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Pocket carry. A S&W 442 J-Frame .38 snubnose in a Desantis Nemesis. No need for cover garments.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wear a vest. I figure the sheep don't have a clue and if a BG avoids me because he thinks I might be armed that's a good thing in my book. Remember, the best way to win a gunfight is to not get in one.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
+1 on high noon. I've bought from them. They're here in Florida and they were very, very easy to deal with. I also bought from Milt Sparks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
IMHO, I think the vest is way too hot for Florida, unless its winter. I carry my full sized m&p 40 with a galco triton IWB holster with a light t-shirt or short sleeve button down on top. The less the better when it gets in the 90's. The problem also is that most clothing designed for concealment is very tactical looking. If I see someone walking down the street with tactical looking clothing on, then I would guess that he's carrying, but then again all CCW holders would assume that, where the non CCW citizen might not even notice.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
I like the galco stow-n-go IWB and 1 size too big camouflage t-shirt cotton , pattern helps and long hawaiian shirts ment not to be tucked . Cold weather sholder rig and jacket ,strap's show without jacket . sometimes J-frame lemon squeezer in pocket or ankle holster

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Just curious - Why are we rasing up a 2+ year old thread?

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
oops

didn't look at date ,but found 2 new holster company's , it was at top of today's post's oops

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't even wear my hair down because it's too hot so I'm definitely not going to add extra layers of clothing.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
I usually just go with an untucked shirt, but I can wear my shooting patch-covered IDPA vest in public as a cover garment and people still have no clue. :grin

1 - 20 of 25 Posts