Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently broke out my holsters to see how well they will be in terms of concealment, comfort , etc. since its been quite a while since I carried concealed formerly in Ct. I found that of the two holsters one being a Desantis leather pancake belt loop seems to print through my t -shirt. somewhat. Is this going to be acceptable legally, when out in public. I dont know if I am being overly cautious. The other seems to print as well it is a plastic paddle holster. When I carried in Ct I guess it wasnt much of an issue because of wearing a jacket most times. The gun is a compact S&W 6906. I will soon be purchasing a XD9 so I dont want to go to expensive on a new holster for the S&W.

· Registered
1,369 Posts
loose baggy t-shirt that causes a few bulges? People will think it is your cel phone or multitool.

Tight shirt that I can tell your safey position? That might be a problem.

What position (3:00-4:00) and how much cant (angle) you carry it at? Cant help hide the weapon as well. Stops the grip from sticking straight out behind you.

· Super Moderator
19,788 Posts
loose baggy t-shirt that causes a few bulges? People will think it is your cel phone or multitool.

What position (3:00-4:00) and how much cant (angle) you carry it at? Cant help hide the weapon as well. Stops the grip from sticking straight out behind you.
What Airhead said.

If you're looking for a good pancake holster for not a lot of $$, check out the Don Hum H721OT. Many folks love this holster...less than $50 delivered from Gunner's Alley.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

3:00 position, FBI style cant, but can still make out the outline a bit thru the t-shirt,maybe buy some larger shirts?. I am just trying to prepare a bit since permit should show up soon 90 days next week, but I wont be holding my breath thats for sure!

· Super Moderator
6,188 Posts
nice to have a good holster but lets not forget a good gun belt to bring that gun closer to your body.
OrlandoDriver,

When you say 'good gun belt' are you saying custom made from a holster place? Or are you saying just a good, strong wide belt from the store?

I've been wearing my dh's belt in order to practice with my new holster and his Walther. Even with that I still look like someone axed me in the back especially when I sit down. I have to make sure my outer sweater/shirt is hanging down and not touching my body in any way or it really shows. When I pull the belt one more notch my jeans gap in the back and creates a crevice. Maybe this is just a girl thing. I don't know. It's been real tricky to try to find clothes that hide the handle of the gun.

How wide of a belt does one need to hold up a rig? I guess I need to at least go to the ladies section in the store so I don't look like a brute.

Thanks.

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Don Humes IWB holster with clip(1) 3:30 cant put clip trough belt loop & angle it foward comfy tight to body & draws great You have to find that sweet spot keep trying you will GOOD LUCK Y/D

· Super Moderator
5,536 Posts
mamabear i wear a wilderness belt (instructer Belt)
So many of us go through so many holsters thinking its the holster but not even thinking that you need a good belt you can have one custom made i just ordered one for $30.95 east orange has them in stock as well.

http://store.thewilderness.com/index.php?cPath=43&osCsid=716bc721f2fcfa1889430ae7483c84e1

Also yard dog is correct $26.00 Don Hume IWB but again better if you have a good belt.

Attachments

· Registered
5,580 Posts
MamaBear,

A good stiff belt helps to pull the rig in tighter/closer to the body. Most dress type belts just are not stiff enough to do this. They are too flimsy. The belts OD is talking about are wide and made of a nylon material. I don't quite know how wide his belt is but I'd say at a minimum you need something 1 1/4 inches wide. I wear a 1.5 inch leather belt myself. I got it from 5.11 tactical and it has stiffeners sewn into it to help.

· Super Moderator
5,536 Posts
MamaBear,

A good stiff belt helps to pull the rig in tighter/closer to the body. Most dress type belts just are not stiff enough to do this. They are too flimsy. The belts OD is talking about are wide and made of a nylon material. I don't quite know how wide his belt is but I'd say at a minimum you need something 1 1/4 inches wide. I wear a 1.5 inch leather belt myself. I got it from 5.11 tactical and it has stiffeners sewn into it to help.
Mine is Actually 1.5 in Red Dawg Does the job too....I have considered to get one in leather as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.