Florida Concealed Carry banner

Concealed in the Pines

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  SingleStack45 
#1 ·
I've been in the shadows on other sites. Glad to see there's one here in Florida. It's been a month now since I sent in my CCW paperwork. I haven't gotten anything back yet. I did however call and they told me that on average they are turning out approximately 15,000 permits a week. I thought that was an excessive number but who knows. I will be carrying a Smith and Wesson M&P 40C. I have a fanny pack for it but it looks to touristy. I just ordered a IWB holster from High Noon holsters, though. What type ammo are you guys and gal(s) shooting. I practice with Winchester 165gr white box ammo from Wally World but plan on carrying Gold Dot JHPs. One of my friends recommended Hornady TAPs and a dealer recommended Remington Golden Sabers. What would y'all recommend?

#2 ·
Firstly let me say welcome to you Red Dawg. We felt that a Florida specific concealed forum was needed and we are glad we have found members like yourself. As far as your permit is concerned I would say that you may have only 15-20 days left to wait. Do you know if they have cashed your check or money order yet? If they did then the wait time is somewhere around 45 days after they cash it. This is what I have been told by other members that have gotten their permit recently.
For info on what type of ammo the forum members carry check out this thread. Keep practicing your carrying technique at home and youl be a pro when you permit arrives.

Welcome.:drinks

#4 ·
Thanks guys. I am really looking forward to learning from you all as well as trying to help others to learn.

I've got another question. Have you all heard of needing to have a copy of your bill of ale for you concealed carry gun if asked by a police officer? I heard this recently and was wondering how true it is.

#5 ·
Welcome Red Dawg, it's good to have you here.

I've got another question. Have you all heard of needing to have a copy of your bill of ale for you concealed carry gun if asked by a police officer? I heard this recently and was wondering how true it is.
Not true at all. There is no gun registry in Florida so ther would be no way for the LEO to trace that bill of sale.

#7 ·
Welcome Red Dawg...to the forum...and to the Sheep Dog club... ;)

As far as carrying a BOS...never heard it...and since it's not even legally required in FL for face to face private transactions...I cannot see it being true.

I have been carrying for 15 years and never been asked for anything of the like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.