Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Sweet! When are we going to shoot it? :D

You should just hand it over to the Amigos, since you're always working and can't go to the range with us. We'll shoot it and tell you all about it here on the forum. Deal?

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
wow...

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Sweet! When are we going to shoot it? :D

You should just hand it over to the Amigos, since you're always working and can't go to the range with us. We'll shoot it and tell you all about it here on the forum. Deal?
That's a great idea, Racer.
But let's save time and just say we handed it over to Caleb, and the sights are "off". :p

I'm not a Colt, or a 1911 fan, but that sure looks sweet!!
Enjoy!!

·
Registered
17,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rails on a 1911?

No thanks, makes the 1911 look like crap.

Nice score, not my cup of tea
You know I own a lot of 1911s. This is the only one that has a rail. I agree, don’t really like them. Not many custom shop hand built Colts though. These and the Special Combats that do not have rails are about it. Missed a hard chrome SC by a few bucks last week. Kind of a bummer..

·
Super Moderator
30,664 Posts
Got this recently. Gun’s really right and tight. Nice test target too!
This is from the second run of two tone IonBond guns. Not too many made, maybe 100.
View attachment 73345

Mmmmm…clocked grip screws…
View attachment 73346 View attachment 73347
Trying to find out who #7 is in the Custom Shop.
Looks very similar to my SA MARSOC 1911, but I agree with brownie that the rails disturb the clean lines of the 1911. However, I shoot all my 1911s more accurately than any other pistols I own, including my three Sig Sauer P229s. Nice pick-up, Saiid! (y)(y)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Well.....I must say that is a great find..I hope you find it fitting in with all those great 1911s that I have seen you with...I am old school....rails on a 1911 are a no go for me,....... but can I shoot it......

·
Registered
17,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well.....I must say that is a great find..I hope you find it fitting in with all those great 1911s that I have seen you with...I am old school....rails on a 1911 are a no go for me,....... but can I shoot it......
Well if I grind them off will you and Brownie like it more? 🤪

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I still want to shoot it.....Rails on 1911 are a like a big debate on calibers......you like it....looks like it is a very good shooter (after classes, I know you can get the best out of it) ......be happy, I am very happy for you....

Reactions: 7.62Kolectr

·
Registered
17,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I still want to shoot it.....Rails on 1911 are a like a big debate on calibers......you like it....looks like it is a very good shooter (after classes, I know you can get the best out of it) ......be happy, I am very happy for you....
While they don’t look good the extra added weight does reduce muzzle flip and allow for faster follow ups. Always a bonus. 😎
I bought it more for what it is than how it looks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts