Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y’all, from Louisiana! After ax'n a question (asking down here) on the Mauser 1914 thread, I am going to get on the right side of things on this community by introducing myself.
I am a new shooter in 2020, go figure. For me the personal/home defense side is just the business of taking care of the family in these times. The personal interest side for me has developed from discovering (in 2020) my deceased father’s modest or neglected collection. He never took them out. Never taught me to shoot. I never was allowed to touch. So now at 46 years old, I am enjoying the learning process! My greatest loves are the .22’s. A Marlin 39A Golden in perfect condition with no checkering. I only ever saw it once. A Winchester 69A that was ready for the scrap heap. 90% loss of bluing and 100% loss of finish on the stock from sitting in the garage closet for decades. After checking out the Winchester by a professional and learning about it, I have rescued it with no prior experience. I don’t call it a restoration since it was my rookie attempt. But it looks good enough for compliments. Amazingly it is all original with the exception of Marble’s peep sight added. It gets regular use every week! What a great pastime I have discovered. My respect goes out for those who who have done this any more than I have and that is the reason for me to be here. My brother and I have chosen a Mauser 1914 project together. I will get it looking good again and he will keep it. A gift for each other. I look forward to learning whatever I can from this thread from those generous people posting their own personal experiences. If I can offer any wisdom or useful experience along the way, I will. First thing I have learned is someone on Ebay is selling photocopies of the original owner’s manual in German. Only $9.95 plus shipping. Another gift for my brother, as he has taught himself how to speak that language. If you want an original, they are only $12.95, but shipping was $95!

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
Welcome from P.B. County
Send gumbo ASAP! 😀

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Super Moderator
29,671 Posts
Welcome again from Palm Beach County, CoachBudd1! 🍺

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Welcome from Lakeland, many very helpful people here and only one unbearable a$$hole ,good luck

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Hey Y’all, from Louisiana! After ax'n a question (asking down here) on the Mauser 1914 thread, I am going to get on the right side of things on this community by introducing myself.
I am a new shooter in 2020, go figure. For me the personal/home defense side is just the business of taking care of the family in these times. The personal interest side for me has developed from discovering (in 2020) my deceased father’s modest or neglected collection. He never took them out. Never taught me to shoot. I never was allowed to touch. So now at 46 years old, I am enjoying the learning process! My greatest loves are the .22’s. A Marlin 39A Golden in perfect condition with no checkering. I only ever saw it once. A Winchester 69A that was ready for the scrap heap. 90% loss of bluing and 100% loss of finish on the stock from sitting in the garage closet for decades. After checking out the Winchester by a professional and learning about it, I have rescued it with no prior experience. I don’t call it a restoration since it was my rookie attempt. But it looks good enough for compliments. Amazingly it is all original with the exception of Marble’s peep sight added. It gets regular use every week! What a great pastime I have discovered. My respect goes out for those who who have done this any more than I have and that is the reason for me to be here. My brother and I have chosen a Mauser 1914 project together. I will get it looking good again and he will keep it. A gift for each other. I look forward to learning whatever I can from this thread from those generous people posting their own personal experiences. If I can offer any wisdom or useful experience along the way, I will. First thing I have learned is someone on Ebay is selling photocopies of the original owner’s manual in German. Only $9.95 plus shipping. Another gift for my brother, as he has taught himself how to speak that language. If you want an original, they are only $12.95, but shipping was $95!
Welcome from Nature's Coast Fl . I loved your intro and related instantly to what you described above . I have done a few in the past . 'gunner' ;)

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Welcome from Tallahassee. I’ll be heading over your way to New Orleans in a couple of weeks to teach reloading

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Thank you to all who have given me a warm welcome. Here is a link to my first contribution.
Winchester 67A Rescue
Since I discovered this community reading about the Mauser 1914 (32ACP) I am wondering if anyone is carrying that caliber on Florida Concealed Carry?
I think i had seen a post about that recently , not too sure though ..:unsure:

·
Registered
13,858 Posts
Welcome from South Florida. If you ever need training think of us.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you. I will. Although not conceal carry related, is anyone here involved with or has done the Appleseed Project? There seems to be a few classes in South Florida throughout the year. For me in the “West Florida Republic” (north of New Orleans) there are none. I have wanted to attend for a while to get the ball rolling on the Art of the Rifle.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts