·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend just posted this on Facebook:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Kind of like the $99.99 hand sanitizer on line.
Ronnie

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
eBay has 6 rolls of toilet paper for $75.00 & 2 squares ( yes squares) for .99 Still need to do the math & see which is cheaper!!!

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
People who freak out and hoard toilet paper.... people who freak out and hoard ammo.

A distinction without a difference. :smack

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
What racer88 said... SO TRUE!!!

The hysterical over-reactions really are getting quite ridiculous, people.

Yes, there is a real health threat out there. No, there is no reason to panic and get hysterical about it.

·
Registered
10,944 Posts
People are hoarding stuff that won't even benefit them during this particular crisis. COVID19 is a respiratory illness, not gastrointestinal, so I don't understand the run on toilet paper. And ammo? We're not exactly at the point where you have to defend your stockpile of TP from roving gangs of marauders just yet. :laughing

·
Registered
54,235 Posts
Talked to a couple in their mid 50's last night about some training. They want it NOW, each just bought a pistol yesterday. They are worried about a quarantine, that's the impetus they gave for being in such a hurry to get guns/ammo and training in how to use them.

I know, strange, but I'll provide the service they seek nonetheless.

·
Registered
363 Posts
There is so much on the news about the Virus. Just repeating it all day. Nothing new. They say the first responders are getting the virus. They make it sound like they will be no police or other emergency people to come to you for help. They make you believe they are going to die. So people are thinking that society will be breaking down and they will need to defend themselves.
You see people fighting over toilet paper. They show the empty selves in the stores. Just imagine what people are thinking they will have to do to protect their family if there is no food.

·
Registered
54,235 Posts
There is so much on the news about the Virus. Just repeating it all day. Nothing new. They say the first responders are getting the virus. They make it sound like they will be no police or other emergency people to come to you for help. They make you believe they are going to die. So people are thinking that society will be breaking down and they will need to defend themselves.
You see people fighting over toilet paper. They show the empty selves in the stores. Just imagine what people are thinking they will have to do to protect their family if there is no food.
Just got back from an early morning grocery run. Plenty of milk, eggs, bacon, light on canned goods, paper aisle basically bare. Plenty of fruit like blueberries, strawberries etc. Produce aisle seemed well stocked.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Cheaper than dirtbags? Really? Say it ain’t so! Lmao..... cmon people, you can’t be surprised by this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheaper than dirtbags? Really? Say it ain’t so! Lmao..... cmon people, you can’t be surprised by this.

Not surprised at all. Just pointing out their CONSISTENT behavior. :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have little sympathy for the folks out there that are just waking up to the fact that they should be able to defend themselves and their families. You stock pile when times are good. Not when panic sets in.

·
Super Moderator
26,066 Posts
Not surprised at all. Just pointing out their CONSISTENT behavior. :)
And exactly why I've not shopped them since they gouged people after Sandy Hook.Theyll not get a cent from me! SCROOM! :smack

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
Just got back from an early morning grocery run. Plenty of milk, eggs, bacon, light on canned goods, paper aisle basically bare. Plenty of fruit like blueberries, strawberries etc. Produce aisle seemed well stocked.
The Publix here is rationing and has bare shelves. Toilet paper? LOL, that ship sailed last week.

I do like that my wife and I work from home. We have the necessities delivered and stock 60—180 days worth of them as standard practice.

Ammo? I'm now a member of the gun club (and official RSO), so I keep my inventory high enough to put rounds downrange every day.

Forethought. What a strange idea.

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ammo? Got plenty of that. Can you wipe your ass with ammo? ;)

·
Registered
1,957 Posts

IIRC, Cheaper than Dirt likes to say "such-&-such" "ships" from "Warehouse-B", as if they have so many warehouses they have to number them all.

In reality, they don't have any warehouses, and they just DROP-SHIP from "Supplier-B".
And at a premium pricetag.
Want two items from different suppliers: Pay double the shipping. (What a bargain!)

What a load of crap.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts