141 - 160 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
Yeah, my time here may be coming to an end after reading that

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Rumor has it ...HighPointFirearms forum and Original CZ forum have both said No to selling out!

·
Super Moderator
26,332 Posts
I, for one, welcome our new Canadian overlords.

I only hope they are better at this than they are at holding on to the Stanley Cup.
:grin

·
Banned
3,837 Posts
I'm curious if the mods have been contacted. I haven't seen much from them on this.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
I sure hope y'all have learned a thing or two since this thread below started (Or left off, in 2015).

https://theadminzone.com/threads/verticalscope.39544/
Yeah, my time here may be coming to an end after reading that
That doesn't look promising.
Not that I want anything to necessitate this and that I wish only a successful relationship with the new owners, but do we have a "backup plan" (i.e. a server and forum that we can control)? Isn't that the whole point of RKBA? That it's better to have and not need it than to need and not have it? Are there alternatives for us? :dunno

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Does anyone else have that feeling that we are on a plane and the Captain just jumped out with the key to the parachute bin and the stewardess are telling us to stay seated and remain calm?

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
I'm curious if the mods have been contacted. I haven't seen much from them on this.
Two are COTEP members in good standing. PM them and ask

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
Yup. There's not a lot to say from my perspective. The forum will keep going with us doing our thing. We've had a good conversation in the background.

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
Are you going to get a raise?
Yup. Double of nothing is still nothing. I've seen the concerns about the change, but honestly it isn't that big a thing. The new admins seem nice and there seems to be more resources available. It always seemed the previous admin was stretched too thin. Now we have an entire team to help.

·
Registered
16,451 Posts
I sure hope y'all have learned a thing or two since this thread below started (Or left off, in 2015).

https://theadminzone.com/threads/verticalscope.39544/
Well that made for an interesting read which turned into a tennis match that wasted an hour of my time.
So VS buys forums and tries to make money off them. Ok fine. No probs. I expressed my concerns already.
So from the thread and yes now knowing it was them who ruined Gixxer.com I worry a bit more about all the sites they have recently acquired turning into ad banners as well....

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
Yup. There's not a lot to say from my perspective. The forum will keep going with us doing our thing. We've had a good conversation in the background.
Glad to hear that, Amdy.

Hopefully they'll let you promptly address problem members that require some "moderation." :grin

141 - 160 of 189 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.