Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a range in Central Florida (I’m in Windermere / Winter Garden area) where I can practice target transitioning and fire at a brisk rate?

I’m not looking to “run and gun” or do anything crazy but I’d really like to work on target transitioning between two or three targets and fire several rounds at a rapid pace. The only place that has been suggested is the Ocala Forest range and the Google reviews and comments in an old thread here make me kinda leery about that place.

Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
JTAC Ranch is the only place I know you can practice drawing ,shooting and moving, also long distance shooting it's just outside Tampa.

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
Hernando Sportsman's Club has IDPA practice in back bay number one every Thursday AM from 9:AM - !1:AM.

We're about 11 miles north of Weeki Wachee on HWY 19.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
From Windemere, there is Central Florida Rifle and Pistol in the Lake Nona area, straight up 417. When I lived in DP, that was where I found myself going most frequently. There is a membership process and some effort to get full access to the Leath Action Range. But there, you will be able to set up targets and work on transitions, among other practical skills.

My second recommendation is Volusia Gun and Hunt Club. From your area it may seem like a drive and I recommend using 429 & 46 to bypass the weekenders on I-4. But that club has quite a few bays specifically for your practice requirements. They have open guest days twice a week where non-members can practice for a nominal fee.

One of the key differences of the ranges is that at CFRPC, you will have to bring your own stands, whereas, at VGHC you only need to bring targets as they supply stands and sticks.

Reactions: BeerHunter
1 - 6 of 6 Posts