Florida Concealed Carry banner

CCW Permit

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  High Seas Drifter 
#1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding the license issuing process. I applied for my license 2 weeks ago, and yesterday I received a letter stating "Notice of suspension of application" it lists two charges against me from 12 years ago of disorderly conduct. The letter continues and says the suspension will be in effect while we continue to research this matter. I spent less than 5 minutes in public records search and can see that the Final Disposition for these charges was issued within a month of them being brought, my question is can they not do the same thing? The letter also contained an Election of rights paper to get a hearing.
Do I need to get copies of these Final Dispositions and send to them?
Should I get a lawyer?
Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 ·
First, welcome. Second, I am not a lawyer. Third, BeerHunter will be along shortly with your welcome pack. :grin

Now, for the questions you've posed, I would first gather the docs you've referenced and send them over. If they cant be delivered electronically, send certified so you have tracking and proof of delivery. (I do return receipt on important things.) If that doesn't work then yes, go the attorney route.

All of this said, I'm sure others will chime in, too.

-on Tapatalk

#4 · (Edited)
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, sdove05! :wave

What HSD said regarding your question.

Now since this was your first Post to FCC, please take the time to post you're own Introduction thread to FCC so the members will know to chime in and welcome you. You can do that by going to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. Then you'll find that lots of other FCC members will know to chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, and will be more responsive in answering questions!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Finally, I would like to recommend you consider joining Florida Carry and join the effort to protect the rights of Floridians to keep and bear arms!

Again, welcome to FCC! :grin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.