Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are all the costs for obtaining a FL CCW? I saw a fee for $45 for the electronic print, and like $75 for the permit and processing.

But what was the $300 for that I saw you need to send in?

·
Registered
118 Posts
What are all the costs for obtaining a FL CCW? I saw a fee for $45 for the electronic print, and like $75 for the permit and processing.

But what was the $300 for that I saw you need to send in?
The License fee is $75, Fingerprint fee is $42 - $45 (Some sheriff stations might charge a small fee for the fingerprinting). I've never heard of the $300. That might be what the training class costs. If thats the case then check somewhere else for a better rate.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i figured out what the $300 is for. its if you are like an ambassador or something like that.

·
Super Moderator
6,153 Posts
It should not cost anything for a license. I thought it was a right to bare arms
Now, now DRB68. We all know it is our right but at the same time having to pay a small fee for paper processing is easier than rocking the boat and possibly having that right taken from us altogether. The less said the better about that fee. JMHO

We have also been exercising our rights to homeschool our children for the past 10 years. That whole time we've been paying the real estate taxes for our home which include school taxes which our children have never taken advantage of. Keeping quiet and paying those taxes does not draw attention to the fact that we get to keep homeschooling and it keeps the government from poking around where it is none of their business. If homeschoolers rose in revolt about paying for services they don't use then attention would be drawn to the fact that maybe we just should outlaw homeschooling and that would take care of that. Nope. We pay our taxes and keep quiet.

MamaBear

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
It should not cost anything for a license. I thought it was a right to bare arms
I need a license to wear tank top shirts???

:D

On a more serious note...

Is it cheap to get a license in FL? Maybe not cheap, but it's not a prohibitive cost, either.

Furthermore, we don't have to go through the painful, expensive, and time consuming procedures folks in other states are required to for their license.

I didn't have to apply with a sheriff or judge, or be interviewed by same. I didn't need to get a separate license to simply purchase a firearm. I don't have to "qualify" with any specific firearm and don't need restrictions on what firearms I'm allowed to carry tied to my license.

And finally, unlike a few states, we're lucky that FL allows us to carry concealed at all with minimal restrictions.

Personally, I'm more grateful than gripe-ful.

-JT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts