Florida Concealed Carry banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
I'm disabled and have to ride a mobility scooter. I had a pass last year. I don't care if I ever see any of the Disney parks again. Anyway, I forgot on my last trip to see Star Wars that I had a Rajah 2 in my back pocket. They checked my backpack but not me. So I got in with a 6 inch folder on me concealed. I have a FL CWP, l remembered to leave my gun and a couple of other weapons in my truck but forgot about the knife. All of those parks are miserable places to be anyway.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I went a few times years ago when the boys were little, and was able to fanny pack carry with no problem.

I told the wife when the grandkids started coming along that I was never going back to that overpriced goat nest!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I haven't been to any of the parks in years Rick, no plans on ever going again

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
20,498 Posts
I haven't been to any of the parks in years Rick, no plans on ever going again
which has absolutely nothing to do with the op question...good for you...

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
which has absolutely nothing to do with the op question...good for you...
Unfortunately some of us don't have a choice in the interests of family harmony, haha. :grin
I have no specific desire to go to a theme park. I worked at a major one in my teens, and thereafter in the hospitality industry in general for a very long time. Ruins the "magic" for me.
However, I have a stepson so I gotta knuckle under and go to Universal this summer.

I've traveled overseas extensively, and of course being legally armed with a firearm wasn't an option. I adapted and figured out ways to work with it.

For example, in the UK, I had a monopod for my camera. I used it for it's intended purpose, a lot. It was a long collapsible steel tube.

In the Scandinavian Arctic, same idea. Plus I found out where the gun shop was in the town I worked out of. :grin - I figured if things got bad enough in a town of 500 that I needed a gun, I could probably get one, law or no laws.

Hungary - yeah strict gun control but it's Eastern Europe and no one gave a ****. In Budapest, I was openly propositioned by drug dealers, the local whores, and so forth. I'm sure getting 50+ year old Makarov would have been easy :rofl

All kidding aside, I love Budapest. It's historic and just the right amount of dirty.

The point of my rambling is that one shouldn't be gun-centric. I love guns but I know they aren't the be-all-end-all for defense. Brownie espouses that view extensively.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What about taking a day off from packing heat? I don't feel the need to carry at Disney, Universal, and other select places.
you don’t? The world is in chaos. And there are very few if any armed security or police in universal. And there are so many shootings that happen in Florida.

·
Super Moderator
27,762 Posts
you don’t? The world is in chaos. And there are very few if any armed security or police in universal. And there are so many shootings that happen in Florida.
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Snoglebeyourself! 🤠

Now that you've made your first post without posting a proper introduction thread first, please take the time to post you're own Introduction to FCC letting forum members know a little about you, particularly firearms and CC experience and our inherent right to keep and bear arms. You can do that by going to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. Then you'll find that lots of other FCC members will know to chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, and will be more responsive in answering questions! Also, if you're a veteran, take a look at our Military Service Thread where you'll find many of us there, too!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Finally, I would like to recommend you consider joining Florida Carry and join the effort to protect the rights of Floridians to keep and bear arms!

Again, welcome to FCC! :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I deliberately avoided buying Goodyear tires for exactly the reason set forth above: Goodyear doesn't allow legally-carried guns on any of their properties.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts