Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a resident CCW here in FL. I was wondering if I can carry in Universal. I know they have signs that say no, but I was wondering if they do checks or have metal detectors. All of the information I found online is rather dated, so I am looking for someone with first hand knowledge please.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Last time I went, which granted was a few years ago, they had metal detectors.

·
Registered
7,606 Posts

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
What about taking a day off from packing heat? I don't feel the need to carry at Disney, Universal, and other select places.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I was there last Christmas. They have metal detectors, and they were doing cursory checks of bags. So, no, you cannot carry there.

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
One can legally carry there and gain entry with their firearm if thoughtfully planned out beforehand.

I simply bring my NAA Mini.

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Even if they didn't have metal detectors, you are still not allowed to carry in a business that has posted no firearms.

Here is a good article from Concealed Carry Magazine put out by the USCCA.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/businesses-with-no-guns-signs-what-to-do/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
From the very link that you posted:

‘No Guns Allowed’ – What Should You Do?

The most important thing is that you know what the laws in your specific state are when it comes to businesses with these signs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I think most of us know that the sign thing isn't valid in Florida. The absolute worse thing that can happen to you if you carry legally in a place with a sign is you can get trespassed.

To the person/people that said take a break from carrying, if I did that, why carry at all? Maybe I should take a day off every day. I carry for personal protection, and in this case I would be carrying for the protection of not only myself, but the group I am with. I am surprised to hear someone say that in this forum.

Lastly to those that said there are metal detectors, is that for the park or City Walk, or is there a difference any more? I can see where there was a post online that there are metal detectors for City Walk, but since I am going to the park I am not sure if that applies.

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah I think most of us know that the sign thing isn't valid in Florida. The absolute worse thing that can happen to you if you carry legally in a place with a sign is you can get trespassed.

To the person/people that said take a break from carrying, if I did that, why carry at all? Maybe I should take a day off every day. I carry for personal protection, and in this case I would be carrying for the protection of not only myself, but the group I am with. I am surprised to hear someone say that in this forum.

Lastly to those that said there are metal detectors, is that for the park or City Walk, or is there a difference any more? I can see where there was a post online that there are metal detectors for City Walk, but since I am going to the park I am not sure if that applies.

Thanks!
If you are asked to leave and do not you are guilty of a 3rd degree felony. See Florida statute 810.09(1)(c) Have fun defending yourself and I hope you have deep pockets if you want to defy the sign and get caught.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
889 Posts
As others have said. They do have metal detectors and do check bags. Although the check on bags is laughable. One could put something rolled up I a sweater or blanket and get it through. I am NOT suggesting it, I just think that their bag checks have a lot of holes.

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
If you are asked to leave and do not you are guilty of a 3rd degree felony. See Florida statute 810.09(1)(c) Have fun defending yourself and I hope you have deep pockets if you want to defy the sign and get caught.
Nobody here has suggested defying an order to depart. The business can tell you to leave for any reason they want and if they do you have to leave. This is true if you are carrying a gun or not. The only difference is if you are armed, and fail to depart upon demand, the charge becomes a felony instead of a misdemeanor.

·
Super Moderator
5,980 Posts

Thanks!
Concerning the bolded, we used to have discussions around here about being too gun centric when it comes to personal protection. There are many ways to protect yourself and your family if you're willing to think outside the gun.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I was there for Halloween Horror Nights this year and there are metal detectors and wands to go through before entering either park of City Walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I bought a Delta Dart eons ago. Not sure where it is now but that would put a real hurt on someone looking for a stabbing weapon.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Even if they didn't have metal detectors, you are still not allowed to carry in a business that has posted no firearms.

Here is a good article from Concealed Carry Magazine put out by the USCCA.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/businesses-with-no-guns-signs-what-to-do/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Sorry nmanzie, that's not true - as others have pointed out.
In Florida, "no weapons" signs do not carry the weight of law, but they are within their rights to ask you to leave.

For me, they don't even have to ask - I wouldn't be there in the first place.
I prefer to spend my money at 2A-friendly businesses.

Just today, I bought a new set of (4) tires for the Jeep.
I deliberately avoided buying Goodyear tires for exactly the reason set forth above: Goodyear doesn't allow legally-carried guns on any of their properties.
Fine - I don't allow Goodyear tires on my vehicles.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts