Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an issue I'm sure others have adequately addressed but I'm new to. How do you go to the men's room while carrying? Carrying on the waistband means you'll be moving/removing your gun when you drop your pants. How do you keep it from getting exposed under the walls of the stall?

I'm think I'll be using the handicapped stalls when I carry. More room for privacy and easier to get properly redressed. But there are always those pesky kids who crawl around on the floor or the possibility of a rather unsavory location for your weapon to fall. I read of a school guard forgetting his gun on the counter and another officer who hung his by the trigger guard on the door hook. He ended up emptying the magazine into the ceiling.

Public restrooms aren't exactly equipped for concealed weapons. :)

By the way, I'm not limiting this to men, it's just that I will be very unlikely to carry into the women's room.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
376 Posts
An aspiring cop friend of mine left his firearm in the restroom as well at a local walmart. Do not sit the firearm on the tank. If I have to drop my drawers, I stick my firearm inside my pants. Its deep enough to conceal from veiwers.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I love these threads. "How do I go poop"?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,107 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Just practice at home. When you have to poop, put on your (empty) gun before going into the bathroom. You'll figure something out.
If your pants go down past your knees you can just rest it in your underpants. Hard to forget it there and if it falls it just goes into your pants. As long as it doesn't hit the floor you're fine. If you're worried about kids crawling under the stall while you poop you need to find a better place to go. I can't imagine someone reaching under the stall and into my pants.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
:rofl

I always just hold the gun in my hand, keeping it aimed at the door...just in case. :grin
Point gun with off-hand and wipe with strong-hand.

BTW - I've never seen a kid crawl around on the floor or look under the stalls in all my life. If I did, I'd piss on him.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Shorts and underwear get hung up. I don't allow my clothing to touch the floor or surrounding area.

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
theres another thread that gives imo the best solution: utilize said dropped under garment by flipping/folding them over firearm. simple. otoh, roflmao @ded

·
Registered
15,192 Posts
I love these threads. "How do I go poop"?

:rofl

2 words. Cowboy boots. Drop drawers, pistol in top of boot

·
Registered
563 Posts
Loosen but don't undo your belt and slide your pants down...spread your legs against he belt and it keeps the pants from falling below the level of the the stall.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Loosen but don't undo your belt and slide your pants down...spread your legs against he belt and it keeps the pants from falling below the level of the the stall.
ROFL.

Anywhoo, I just use the handicapped stall and don't worry about it. Brief exposure clause and whatnot. (for the firearm, not my gun.)

On a related note, do you guys fold or scrunch? :rofl

·
Registered
563 Posts
ROFL.

Anywhoo, I just use the handicapped stall and don't worry about it. Brief exposure clause and whatnot. (for the firearm, not my gun.)

On a related note, do you guys fold or scrunch? :rofl
Actually, that's usually what I do. But every once in awhile you get caught using the other...so that works, heh.

And fold.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If not said already you can remove the holstered gun and hold it on your lap or on any handy ledge. Or what I do is simply roll my underwear over the gun so that it is covered. Then again, I have never had anyone peek under the door of a stall and I lived in big cities.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I always pocket carry my Glock 26, I always buy pants with large pockets, never had a problem pooping with the gun in my pocket. :grin

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I try not to use the toilet while out and about (pissing yes, poop no) but, if I had to...then I let the chips where they land. If someone is looking under my stall, then they need to reconsider when they see the pistol.....Perv!!!!! Lol.....

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
This place has finally hit rock bottom. Nowhere to go but up.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts