Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone carry when going to the doctors office? I'm going to the doctors office in about an hour for a lower back issue and I'm going to ride my motorcycle. I will be carrying at about 3:00. Should I go to the restroom when I get there and put my weapon in my pocket. What should I do? Not carrying is not an option. Anyway I'll let you guys know how it works out. Later. :confused:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
knowing that at some point I'm going to be naked I leave it at home.
And my Doc's not an anti. He has American Rifleman in the waiting room

AFS

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:
I'm back from the doctor and now I remember why I haven't gone there in two years. Still had to fill out paperwork and wait wait wait. So I wore a cover-shirt with a undershirt and jeans. When I got there it was the usual people waiting around including a pregnant security guard. Then I got called inside the "other" area to check vitals and such and up to this point non was was the wiser to the fact that I had a weapon on me. As usual while I was waiting I played out different scenarios in my head just in case. Once they got me into the examination room and awaiting the doctor I took the chance to place the still holstered weapon in my pocket. It bulged a little but my jeans was roomy enough to make it not bad. The doc came in, we chatted about my back, we chatted about oil prices and some politics. I was trying to see what side of the gun issue he might be on but I did not pry or find out. However I was never "made" the entire time, as it should be.

I will either do the pocket thing the next time I go there or just do some kind of fanny pack. The reason I carried is because I had other places to go afterwards and I just did not want to be unarmed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I will either do the pocket thing the next time I go there or just do some kind of fanny pack. The reason I carried is because I had other places to go afterwards and I just did not want to be unarmed.
As long as you have a plan before you go then you'll be ok. Just don't show up without a plan and make it up as you go. Concealed carry is a full-time job. It can be very boring which is the way you want it but you never know when things can change and situations arise.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I never know what silly things my doctor wants to check so to be safe I leave it in my car.

I have a safe in my car for just these situations. the safe is cabled to the frame of the seat of the vehicle. When I get to the doctors office I carefully remove my firearm from its concealed location, and holster and all, put it in the safe, and lock it inside the vehicle and tuck it under the front seat, out of site. I then lock my vehicle, and set the car alarm and go inside.
When the doctor is finished I go back to my car and put my firearm back on.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I just had a recent appointment, and I left it secured in my vehicle. I kept the holster on, though, as I didn't want to fumble with getting that back on.

I don't have anything really secure, like Sheepdog27, but I really need to get something like that. I'm really interested in the Center-of-Mass line.

-JT

·
Registered
53 Posts
JT,

That is the one I own. Actually own 2 large models, one for my truck the other for the wifes car. She doesnt carry (yet) but when I ride with her, or we take her car, I like to know that I can lock it up no matter what vehicle we are driving.

At home I have a safe with the finger pads to unlock it. in the car, a key is fine as I will usually not need the gun in a hurry. And if you ask me leaving a gun unsecured in a car, that can be broken into in a matter of seconds is just irresponsible. and if the car gets stolen, now the BG(badguy) has a gun.....

Its worth the peace of mind to own and use a safe. Especially in a car.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
I just had a recent appointment, and I left it secured in my vehicle. I kept the holster on, though, as I didn't want to fumble with getting that back on.

I don't have anything really secure, like Sheepdog27, but I really need to get something like that. I'm really interested in the Center-of-Mass line.

-JT
I just bought one off of e-bay for 29.99 with free shipping. It wasn't exactly made by center of mass but is the same type design. It is an AACFI.

·
Registered
64 Posts
wow those are really nice. but im still against bio/fingerprint scanners because of the chance a zombie could get my fingers and then i would be SOL . dancing banana kinda freaks me out sometimes... i cant even eat a banana ..

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

-JT
Cthulhu - Thanks for for posting the Center -of - Mass link. I have been looking for a small secure storage safe for my vehicle.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The doc 0.02$

I am a doctor, and as it has been stated before, we sometimes want to look in awkward places. You may end up either naked with a gown that opens in the back or just on your underwear. Not much room to conceal anything there. If you leave the pistol in your jeans you run the risk of them being knocked off where you left them, etc. I would recomend a fanny pack which you can take off, be butt naked and stil keep an eye on it at all time. Just my 0.02$

·
Registered
17 Posts
Doctor

I use a fanny pack. No one should be examining that, so what's the worry? Also, should your weapon be discovered, simply explain that you are licensed to carry and re-conceal it. If they have a heart attack over seeing your weapon, discuss it with them reasonably.

In CCW training, I had a concern. What happens if my pistol falls out into public view?

Answer: Nothing. You dropped it. Pick it up and put it away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm with Orlandodriver; I use a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipak. The concealed compartment for a handgun is darn near invisible. I replaced the water bottle with a thin 1pint stainless steel thermos; I'm a coffee freak. I bought the Versipak a year ago to replace my backpack and use it daily.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts