Florida Concealed Carry banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I was perplexed by that too, I thought the pencil sharpener was utilized somehow. Zukinut is pretty inventive and prepared.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I am fine with you locking up your firearms to keep your children safe from finding and playing with your guns.
I have "NO" children and do not have that worry but if I did, I would do like my father did for my brother and me.
And you do for your daughter.
He showed us his 38, He took us to shoot it. He showed us where it was kept in his bedroom next to the bed in the top drawer.
The best thing he taught both of us was to never ever touch it or tell anybody about it.
I was about 5 and my brother was 8 at the time.
You teaching your daughter how to use a gun is really great and it brought back the memories of my dad and his 38.
I sure hope you have a great day
Ronnie the TROLL
Ronnie thats exactly what my Father said to me when I was young, He also said that if I wanted to hold his revolver any time to just ask him.
By saying that, it took the mystery of the object away and it became just another tool in the house, I was 5yrs old then and never any accidents.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
I am not sticking my nose in this I had the same kinda gun talk. The problem is children from homes that didn't get that talk, visiting and wanting to see it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What says the gang?
Gun on my hip at all times at home - when sleeping 12 gauge and pistol in side of bed. Cameras inside and out.

Work at a State University so no carry there - in auto. Carry everywhere else.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Zukinut is an OK Dad as far as I am concerned. He has his daughter out there shooting and she is a good shot.
I am not upset with him for calling me a TROLL because he just may not have a sense of humor and thought my post #37 was real and not me just being snotty. about the gun haters.
Ronnie

Reactions: spyguy

·
Registered
122 Posts
What says the gang? We live out in the country a little bit. Unknown response time from Sheriff. Property is gated but easy to walk through. I have hardened door/entrances with long screws, etc.

I carry inside all the time, also walking around the property. If I watch a movie the pistol is on the coffee table pointed away next to my right hand. My concern is that we have a nice place and visible nice things that people might want, a couple fancy cars etc. I feel like our exposure is from a planned event like crashing doors/ home invasion style. Bathroom downstairs has Glock on a magnet and cell phone and a heavy bolt on inside for the wife. We sleep upstairs and have several rescue dogs.

I know some people have guns hidden around the place and so do we, but I’m just wondering how others handle security with the proliferation of home invasions on the rise. We have cameras outside too. Any thoughts, suggestions?
Sounds to me you have your bases covered! I pray nothing ever happens to test your resolve!

·
Registered
122 Posts
You guys just worry about nothing. Having loaded guns laying around is just plain foolish when you have 911 to depend on for your security.
Like the saying goes
"WHEN SECONDS COUNT - 911 WILL HAVE THE POLICE THERE IN MINUTES.
Just ask any DEMOCRAT you know and they will all agree that the gun you own is much more dangerous to you then to any home invader.
Ronnie
PS:
My American arms 22LR is on me all day and most of the night. I carry my Kimber when I go out. I have my 38 S&W model 37 in my mattress holster with a flashlight for very easy reach in the dark if needed.
I know these weapons are not as safe as my cell phone because I can call 911 and never need to fire a gun.
Seriously though, Any one in this day of crime and drug infested thugs and with all of the career criminals being turned free to invade society along with more and more street gangs roaming everywhere and you do not have a gun ((((THAT YOU LEARNED TO USE PROPERLY)))) are nothing but the next victim.

A gated community is like living in a GUN FREE ZONE because the people that live in them get complacent and think no criminal would even think of robbing their home.
The gates only keep out the honest people.
I don't consider you snotty, I value all your comments and take them to heart, for my sake KEEP BEING SNOTTY!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am fine with you locking up your firearms to keep your children safe from finding and playing with your guns.
I have "NO" children and do not have that worry but if I did, I would do like my father did for my brother and me.
And you do for your daughter.
He showed us his 38, He took us to shoot it. He showed us where it was kept in his bedroom next to the bed in the top drawer.
The best thing he taught both of us was to never ever touch it or tell anybody about it.
I was about 5 and my brother was 8 at the time.
You teaching your daughter how to use a gun is really great and it brought back the memories of my dad and his 38.
I sure hope you have a great day
Ronnie the TROLL
Ronnie keep in mind everyone DOES NOT TEACH their kids gun safety!

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
I know that and it is a shame they do not.
A lot of parents also have no knowledge of guns and how to use one safely.
We now have a whole generation learning about how the guns are the problem and not the evil people that uses them for wrong doing.
The N.R.A. has a program called "EDDIE EAGLE" all about teaching children what to do when finding a gun. or seeing one \.
It is a great program but the teacher "CULT" won't allow it in most of the schools.
The Cult is too busy learning to teach the children about how racist all White people are in America.to show a video on teaching them gun safety.
I got my first gun when I was 8 years old and still own and shoot it.(((Winchester 22 single shot))))
Just ask your self why the Communist regime has the number one (#1) priority of disarming America with all of the turmoil going on , not only here, but all over the planet.
If you look back on this forum many years ago I always said to ask your children what a topic was in their school today. I did get flamed for asking that by a few people but it seems I was 100% correct on what the teacher "CULT" was doing.
Now they will be teaching the crap legally.
Ronnie

·
Super Moderator
29,889 Posts
^^^^
True dat!

·
Registered
8,817 Posts
This the issue that comes with people now a days. Most coddle their kids with everything. She is my daughter but we do not hide anything from her. She understands the circle of life. Etc.....

do you find the feathers to be effective defensive weapons?...:ROFLMAO:
Works wonders for the ones when holding down the perp and giving them a uncontrollable sneezing fits into submission.🤧

I was perplexed by that too, I thought the pencil sharpener was utilized somehow. Zukinut is pretty inventive and prepared.
I too was picturing Zukinut throwing freshly sharpened pencils at any intruders.🤣
Pencils are a very versatile tool in anyone's tool box. From writing to stabbing ;)

Ronnie I really don't take lightly to being called a liberal. I have no problem with them, but the mindset is not the one I have. They are truly wired different than me. I know because my family is mostly democratic all the way to crazy liberal. I love them all but we disagree on so many aspects it difficult to talk to them without my blood pressure rising and over powering my meds.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
I went back and read everything I wrote and I can not find where I called anyone in particular a liberal
You have me soooooo confused .
I did say I liked you teaching your daughter how to shoot and I did say she was a good shot.
Calling you a Liberal, NEVER!
Ronnie """THE TROLL"""

·
Registered
8,817 Posts
I went back and read everything I wrote and I can not find where I called anyone in particular a liberal
You have me soooooo confused .
I did say I liked you teaching your daughter how to shoot and I did say she was a good shot.
Calling you a Liberal, NEVER!
Ronnie """THE TROLL"""
The difference between a liberal and DEMOCRAT is a very fine line. Like I said its one of those things that I live with. Love them, but its difficult with them sometimes.

I won't even go into my lib sister bringing home her first boyfriend in years down here to one of my BBQ's. The dude literally had a tattoo of Yoshi from Mario brothers on his back, walked up in thigh high socks with with flip flops, got huge eyes when I mentioned guns, not a car guy (drove his mothers badass Audi sportster, obviously she likes cars), was completely oblivious to the rising meat, food, lumber prices. They literally just travel in their own little circle and do not go away from it. They don't leave the city, drive very much, or actually buy food as they eat out a lot. So they have no clue what's going in the world other than what CNN or what ever news program is on at a airport.

I have nothing in common with him even though I tried my best. He seems like he will be great for my sister.

Toss a couple smileys in to make it look more sarcastic. It helps especially with dry humor like I have as well. Its hard to read online like my wife says to my face :)

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
You sure are right about all they know is what they see on the news.
They probably learn a lot from the TV talk shows.
I feel bad for you because Foamily is Family and you have to still love them even if they do have faults.
Ronnie

Reactions: zukinut

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
You sure are right about all they know is what they see on the news.
They probably learn a lot from the TV talk shows.
I feel bad for you because Family is Family and you have to still love them even if they do have faults.
Ronnie
Well, actually you don’t. I have one lib relative; and I choose not to have anything to do with her.

Life’s too short to be exposed to that idiotic BS on a personal level.

·
Registered
20,840 Posts

·
Registered
8,817 Posts
Reactions: BeerHunter
41 - 60 of 61 Posts