Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What says the gang? We live out in the country a little bit. Unknown response time from Sheriff. Property is gated but easy to walk through. I have hardened door/entrances with long screws, etc.

I carry inside all the time, also walking around the property. If I watch a movie the pistol is on the coffee table pointed away next to my right hand. My concern is that we have a nice place and visible nice things that people might want, a couple fancy cars etc. I feel like our exposure is from a planned event like crashing doors/ home invasion style. Bathroom downstairs has Glock on a magnet and cell phone and a heavy bolt on inside for the wife. We sleep upstairs and have several rescue dogs.

I know some people have guns hidden around the place and so do we, but I’m just wondering how others handle security with the proliferation of home invasions on the rise. We have cameras outside too. Any thoughts, suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
29,889 Posts
I carry 100% of the time I'm legally able (not at work inside my DoD facility, on USPS property, etc.), even inside my home, period!

Reactions: spyguy

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
You guys just worry about nothing. Having loaded guns laying around is just plain foolish when you have 911 to depend on for your security.
Like the saying goes
"WHEN SECONDS COUNT - 911 WILL HAVE THE POLICE THERE IN MINUTES.
Just ask any DEMOCRAT you know and they will all agree that the gun you own is much more dangerous to you then to any home invader.
Ronnie
PS:
My American arms 22LR is on me all day and most of the night. I carry my Kimber when I go out. I have my 38 S&W model 37 in my mattress holster with a flashlight for very easy reach in the dark if needed.
I know these weapons are not as safe as my cell phone because I can call 911 and never need to fire a gun.
Seriously though, Any one in this day of crime and drug infested thugs and with all of the career criminals being turned free to invade society along with more and more street gangs roaming everywhere and you do not have a gun ((((THAT YOU LEARNED TO USE PROPERLY)))) are nothing but the next victim.

A gated community is like living in a GUN FREE ZONE because the people that live in them get complacent and think no criminal would even think of robbing their home.
The gates only keep out the honest people.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our street is pretty much a dead-end road. The gates are on our property, they seldom malfunction but they get really really slow and with a pair of pliers you can pull the hydraulic arm off the gate. Bears come in by squeezing under the wooden fence.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
I carry 100% of the time house and property all fenced, over the years places where a$$holes have climbed over have many layers of barbwire and have not had anyone try that in 10 years. Next to my favorite chair is a gunrack with a modified 1100 Rem with 9 round mag and a AR15 with a light and red dot zeroed at 50 yards. All my carry guns are in 45 acp or long colt. Or gods caliber as someone said. MY pitbull pupy is 80 LBS now and does not like strangers so early warning at least.

·
Registered
366 Posts

On my hip right now and I'm at the house. When I wake up, it goes in the pajama pants or robe pocket. After I shower in the morning, I put on pants and it is either in the pocket or the holster.

That S&W Model 342 J-Frame is my beater carry gun. Sure, when I head out and about town, I might carry something else. But at minimum, I carry the scandium framed five shot wheel gun.

I always carry at home.

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
I carry my Wilson EDC X9 and two reloads whenever I leave the property. When I walk the dogs, I pocket carry my 642 Airweight, and a ZT 350 folder.
When I’m home, there are a plethora of available firearms stashed about, plus many other weapons.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I live in a very rural community. I would be lying if I said I carry 100% of the time, but I aspire to and just sometimes don't.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I don’t carry at home, but there’s always one at arms reach. There is only one way you are getting in my house (condo) and that’s the front door. Considering that the door opens outward, the noise will give me plenty of time to grab the “FU” firearm of choice. We are on the fifth floor so, no one is coming in through the back patio (unless it’s Spider-Man).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I slip a small pistol in my pocket every morning when I put my pants/shorts. I add something if I’m going out.

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Don't carry in the house and don't carry most of the time out on the property now that I'm retired. When I was working the streets, carried if I was out of bed. With OC types hunting me, I thought it prudent.

I'll be heading out this Sat. on a 6 state tour on the motor, meeting my brother on his motor in Moab, Utah Sunday. I've decided to take the NAA 22mag PUG for the trip instead of a J frame or the S+W shield 45. Will not be carried on my person, but in the tank bag until we get off the bikes to enter food establishments etc.

I'm just not all that predisposed to carrying a gun 24/7 nowadays.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Don't carry in the house and don't carry most of the time out on the property now that I'm retired. When I was working the streets, carried if I was out of bed. With OC types hunting me, I thought it prudent.

I'll be heading out this Sat. on a 6 state tour on the motor, meeting my brother on his motor in Moab, Utah Sunday. I've decided to take the NAA 22mag PUG for the trip instead of a J frame or the S+W shield 45. Will not be carried on my person, but in the tank bag until we get off the bikes to enter food establishments etc.

I'm just not all that predisposed to carrying a gun 24/7 nowadays.
The .45 Shields you turned me on to several years ago still get full-time carry duty. Comfortable, easy to carry, easy to cover all day long through all my activities. T-shirt between gun and skin simply for the sake of the photo:
Dara and Mag carrier.jpg

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
At home my nightstand has a quick access safe with my carry gun and my wife’s 686 plus. In the mornings when I get up my carry comes downstairs with me. I put it in a place easy and fast to access if it’s not on my person. I don’t carry 100 percent of time at home, but I can get to it real fast if it’s not on me.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Here is what I got on Amazon a few years ago.
Better then trying to have it in a drawer or under a pillow.
Ronnie

1 - 20 of 61 Posts