Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

Bought my first gun and carried for the first time today. Yeah, it was weird, but the feeling didn't last as long as I thought it would. As a law abiding citizen, I'm just exercising my 2nd Amendment right which most people around me probably have the ability to do as well. Packing legally should not be an awkward or scary feeling. It should be something to embrace as a responsible American citizen. I became quite comfortable with it after about 10 minutes in a public place. I'm a very proud owner of a Beretta 90-2 FS .40 S&W. I ended up hitting the range as well and popped off 100 rounds without incident. It handles well and gets the job done. I suppose I will have this gun for years to come. Maybe one day I will be able to pass it down to my son but that's years away and probably ridiculous to even think about right now.

I'm very happy and proud to say that I now have a FL concealed carry license who has exercised my 2nd Amendment right for the first time and look forward to exercising that right within the confines of the law for years to come!

-LS

·
Super Moderator
6,153 Posts
LordStryker,

You sound like a proud papa telling us about your new experience of carrying. I'm quite new at this as well so I identify with what you are saying.

No one has a clue. I was out in the yard yesterday talking to two different neighbors and they didn't suspect a thing. That was after hitting a mall and shopping center as well.

I find myself trying to print people but so far no one else looks 'suspicious'. :)

MamaBear

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Whoa, MamaBear, you went out on Black Friday strapped. You're one bad Mama (shut your mouth--just talking about MamaBear :laughing).

·
Registered
974 Posts
Congratulations, Lord Stryker, on your license and your experience.

You've found the reason for the Wally World walk.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Lorstryker,

Isn't it a liberating feeling to carry amongt all of the sheep and the few sheepdogs out there? :dancingbanana

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Hey LordStryker I remember that feeling of being out in public for the first time while carrying. I had carried at home before I go my CWL but being out in public felt as if everyone would discover that I had a gun on me. But as you said the feeling passed as you realize that no one knew. They were all oblivious (sheep).

Congrats and keep it up. It's not too early to start thinking about leaving leaving your first gun for your son.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts