Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have connections up there and it's scary sad how some of the responses are praising this as taking automatic weapons, military weapons, and the dreaded "assault weapons" off the street. First off, the first two have long been banned up there, and the closest they get to either of those is a semi with a maximum capacity of 5. You need to jump through a bunch of extra hoops to even get a semi. This is a ban on "assault style weapons" (their wording, not mine). And the idiots even "accidentally" banned 10 and 12 gauge shotguns in their ignorance due to the diameter (okay, I don't actually believe it was by accident). The hunters are going bananas over all this, because of course they know that this is just another feelgood law that accomplishes nothing except to make law abiding citizens criminals. But, it's Canada, so in the end nothing will happen other than the usual bitching at Tim Hortons and an internet petition.

·
Registered
78 Posts
They also banned, by name, the 37mm launchers that we manufacture here in Florida.

This had little to do with gun control, per se, but is a step in social engineering. It is a way to begin the process of vilifying things that look bad to the elites.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts