Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure, since I'm new to this. I keep my current guns in the boxes I bought them in since I don't have a CCW yet.

I like what I see on the High Noon website, and I think for what I'll probably be getting (G30) a clip may not be enough. Do you guys think a clip would suffice for me to holster inside of my pants/jeans/shorts?

Other than that, what holsters do you guys recommend for a G30 from High Noon? I want something IWB even if I hate it and how uncomfortable it *might* be. For my body type, the way I dress it would be the easiest way to conceal my weapon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What's up frank305..
I know a few people that carry their glocks with that clip and they never say anything bad about it. There is a safety issue though if you will be carrying in condition 1. There's nothing to guard the trigger while using the clip. The weapon really isn't protected that well either from sweat or rivets on jeans that tend to scratch. I use a Galco Sto n' Go IWB for both of my carry guns and they suit me just fine. Very comfortable and the mouth of the holster has a metal insert which facilitates one hand reholstering. The holster accomodates both my Springfield XD service .45 and my Glock 19 without a problem.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
High Noons products are top of the line. I dont see any problem with a G30 IWB in one of their clip model Holsters being as the G30 is the sub compact model. Make sure you get one with a sweat shield. Your belt also helps stabilize the holster. I ordered one of their dual snap models a good while back and never had a problem with it. Easy on easy off and comfortable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are you talking about a clip holster vs a belt holster or are you talking about those metal clips that attach to Glocks so you don't need a holster at all?

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Are you talking about a clip holster vs a belt holster or are you talking about those metal clips that attach to Glocks so you don't need a holster at all?
High Noon is a holster maker, they dont sell any of the clips your referring to..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm talking about the clips that go on the glocks, vs a holster.. the more i look into this i realize there are a lot of holsters to choose from...

damn im clueless on where to even start now, I have 8 websites for highly recommended holsters from this site.. lol.. at least it takes a few weeks for the permit to get back to me..

how many of you guys dress kind of tight w/ a IWB holster?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry SwampRat I was directing that question toward frank305 because I wasn't sure what he was talking about at first.

As far as tight clothes, you might have to modify that a little bit. You'll probably need at least an inch of extra space in the waist of your pants/shorts and tight shirts print too much. Try some "relaxed" fitting clothes.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Frank, I'm not a big fan of the clip only method, I want some protection against my skin and sweat but you also have to realize that most of the leather holster makers are out 12-26 weeks on production and delivery of a custom product. If you can live with Kydex I'd recommend a Crossbreed SuperTuck or MTAC. Leather backing with 1/2 shell kydex IWB holsters that are adjustable, comfortable, reasonably priced and very popular. Their turn around time is around 2 weeks. They conceal very well and are tuckable. You can wear then with shorts and just a T-shirt. I carry a full size 1911 in one all day and never know its there. I think all of us that have been doing this awhile have got a drawer full of holsters and we try to help some of you guys alleviate the pain of choosing. Not that it does any good because sooner or later you'll end up just like us...searching searching searching...Hell, I just bought a new Milt Sparks Summer Special II..that in itself might tell ya something.

Rocky is right, you might want to rethink the tight fit. I went from a 34 pant to a 36 so I could carry IWB. Anytime you carry IWB you need to up a size in the waist.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Do not use a clip with with your carry weapon. There is too great a chance for ND. I know you can carry without a round in the chamber but that might be another problem in itself. Whichever holster you go with make sure it covers the trigger. Good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do not use a clip with with your carry weapon. There is too great a chance for ND. I know you can carry without a round in the chamber but that might be another problem in itself. Whichever holster you go with make sure it covers the trigger. Good luck.
Couldn't have said it better myself...
carrying with a round in the chamber without the trigger being covered would definitely qualify as negligent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
holster it is, and it wont be a glock.. i like the feel of the S&W M&P..

we'll see because I may be getting the full sized 9mm as my carry.. have to decide on a holster after that..

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live in SW FLA, it gets hot. I carry I full size 1911 in a IWB at about 5 o'clock, I'm not a big guy, 170 pounds 5' 7" and wear 32" jeans. I'm fully concealed with a polo or untucked button up with an under shirt. I haven't had to change the way I dress, it is no problem. I thought I would need a bunch of new jeans and shirts, not the case. I would use a holster...just my thoughts.

DC

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
I have the highnoon skyhigh it's OWB belt holster for the glock 36 , it's comfortable and completely covers the trigger guard, great holster . It's not a stocking item the wait was about 3 months from order to delivery it was worth the wait . I was carrying IWB before and still do sometimes the sweat sheild is good advice . good luck

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
FWIW I carried a Kel-Tec P11 using the clip instead of a holster for a couple years. I wasn't particularly concerned about the ND because the trigger on that gun is so long and heavy. I would never consider carrying a Glock that way because their trigger is relatively light. I stopped using the clip only method because occasionally the gun would become dislodged from my belt when I sat down in such a way that the arm of the chair pushed the gun up as I sat down (losing your gun in the middle of the restaurant or library is embarrassing.)

What part of Florida do you live? I'm sure most of us in here have a box of holsters hanging around that we don't use. If you're in SW Florida (Ft. Myers area) I'd be happy to let you try a number of different methods just to see what works for you. If not in this area perhaps someone else could do the same.

Allan

·
Registered
24 Posts
My fault, I didn't look at the date. I just thought it was an interesting post.

DC

1 - 17 of 17 Posts