Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I literally live in the Ocala national Forrest on old campsite property. I do not have my CWP but I'm wondering if I can carry (open or concealed) while running through the pipeline area incase I get attacked by a bear or a crackhead, or a crackhead riding a bear while slinging Pygmy rattlers at me. I have both a concealment and an open carry belt for my pistol but not sure if I'm allowed as I can't seem to find the laws about it.

·
Registered
15,797 Posts
Lol....a girl with imagination. I like girls:grin

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I literally live in the Ocala national Forrest on old campsite property. I do not have my CWP but I'm wondering if I can carry (open or concealed) while running through the pipeline area incase I get attacked by a bear or a crackhead, or a crackhead riding a bear while slinging Pygmy rattlers at me. I have both a concealment and an open carry belt for my pistol but not sure if I'm allowed as I can't seem to find the laws about it.
Legally, no you cannot.

Florida Statute 790.25(3.h) allows for open carry while 'fishing, camping or lawful hunting'
Link here:
( http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ing=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.25.html )

Carrying a concealed weapon in Florida without a license is ALWAYS illegal, regardless of your location or activity.

Until open carry is lawful in Florida, you will need to get your CWFL.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I agree with the others here, you should get your carry.
You can run into bears and crackheads anywhere you go.

It's a lot easier than most people think as long as you legally qualify.
You take a course, do some simple paperwork, pay a little money and get it.
There's no test, no questioning and no explanation or justification necessary.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Carrying a concealed weapon in Florida without a license is ALWAYS illegal, regardless of your location or activity.
This is not correct. You may carry openly or concealed while engaged in any of the "exceptions" activities enumerated in the paragraphs contained in 790.25(3).

Admittedly the plain wording of 790.25 (on that topic) is a little vague but the courts have clarified it for us in French v State, Peoples v State, and probably many others.

That said, none of the 790.25(3) exceptions appear to apply to the OP's intended activity, so she would indeed need to get her CWFL. Unless perhaps she was carrying a fishing pole while running and there happened to be a fishable body of water around.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I've run the pipeline many times, admittedly in Jeeps, never on foot. I can't recall ever seeing humans outside of vehicles on it expect during hunting season. Which section of pipeline are you talking about?

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Strap one to your waist and make sure you're running toward water (going fishing) or away from water (coming from fishing).

Be sure to cast it into the water at least once so that you're being honest. :grin

Now you can legally carry openly or concealed!

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
And she had a fishing license. And she also had the necessary other tackle...

Seriously, it's easier to just get the CWFL.
The pocket fisherman has a tackle box built into the handle and a shoreline license is free and available for immediate printout.

It's absolutely not seriously easier to get the CWFL. No comparison. Just sayin'.

-on Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
31,667 Posts
Welcome to FCC, woodslifegirl! :wave

Others have already answered your question!

Since the OP was your first post, now would be a good time to post you're own Introduction thread to FCC so others can welcome you, too! You can do that by going to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. You'll find that lots of other FCC members will chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, too!

You can also go right to the source and read up on the Florida Statutes by using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Again, welcome to FCC! :grin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've run the pipeline many times, admittedly in Jeeps, never on foot. I can't recall ever seeing humans outside of vehicles on it expect during hunting season. Which section of pipeline are you talking about?
The pipeline is my back yard, I dont exactly go in there I should say, I run the quad trails early while nobody is out and I don't run during hunting season, I'll be in a tree during that time lol

·
Registered
15,797 Posts
I believe I am becoming smitten once again......

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Additional training for what?
Anybody who carries a weapon for self defense should be well versed in how to handle and control it. Get as much training as possible to learn how to draw, shoot accurately, and defend against loss of the weapon should somebody try to disarm you. You should also learn the laws regarding concealed carry. And not trying to be rude, but if you have to ask what you need additional training for that's a good indicator you have a lot to learn...

- - - Updated - - -

I believe I am becoming smitten once again......
She's a runner, you could never keep up.:smack

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.