Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

New member.......I sent out my application on June 18th, and anxiously awaited 45 days which was Saturday. Nuthin'
Well I figured since I'm going out of town on the 31st; I would try to check on an ETA.
The lady was very nice and explained how backed up they were; and that it hadn't even started to be processed!............Oh well,
She did say that it would be "sometime in September":(
I should have sent it out when I first decided to back in March!

·
Registered
56 Posts
New member.......I sent out my application on June 18th, and anxiously awaited 45 days which was Saturday. Nuthin'
Well I figured since I'm going out of town on the 31st; I would try to check on an ETA.
The lady was very nice and explained how backed up they were; and that it hadn't even started to be processed!............Oh well,
PEOPLE ARE FINALLY STARTING TO SEE THAT THEY HAVE TO BE RESPONSABLE FOR THIER OWN SAFTY!!!!!!!!!!:pistols:pistols

·
Registered
42 Posts
I sent mine back in March (somewhere around the 7th) and it took 60 days to get my license in the mail.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Wow, I got lucky. I sent mine in about one month before you did. I got mine the last couple of days of June.

Keep your spirits up. You'll get it.

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
I'm raising my hand (and holding up my husband's hand as well) because we are partly causing the backlog. Our checks were cashed at the end of July, and I've never looked forward to time passing by as quickly as possible as I am now.

On the one hand it seems like an eternity having to wait but on the other hand I see it as being wonderful that so many in Florida are pursuing getting their concealed license. I don't mind being in that waiting crowd.

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to find out how many concealed licenses there are in Florida? There seems to be a general consensus that there has been a growing backlog since the first of the year.

Anyhow, I still see it as a good thing.

MamaBearto2

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
From what I've read on this forum renewels are taking almost as long as new apps. We sent our renewels in on June 10th and just got our licenses back last Friday, so it may not be as long as they quoted. I think they have to tell you it will take the full 90 days to cover their ...:). So you might see it in week. Hang in there.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It seems like my wife also wants to get hers!......
I really admire a woman who will take a stand on not being victimized!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I mailed my paperwork 7/28/08 'Return Receipt Requested' and as of today,8/5/08, I've not even received the postal receipt back :)

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
When I sent in my application last year, I did the ink prints because I didn't know about the electronic prints. It took mine 90 days to the day to arrive. Longest damn 90 days of my life! :rolf

My wife sent her application in on June 12th., she called on Friday August 1st. and was told she should receive hers either Friday August 8th. or Monday August 11th. She had her prints done electronically.

She now waits with fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I mailed my paperwork 7/28/08 'Return Receipt Requested' and as of today,8/5/08, I've not even received the postal receipt back :)
You won't. We did return receipt requested on both the original app 5 yrs ago and the renewels. Never received the receipt on either of them.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Check to see if they cashed your check. That's a good way to know if they received your application.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You won't. We did return receipt requested on both the original app 5 yrs ago and the renewels. Never received the receipt on either of them.
So the PO ignores the return receipt after they charge you for it?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
So the PO ignores the return receipt after they charge you for it?
I don't know if the PO takes the receipt when they deliver to the DOA or if the DOA is supposed to mail it back out to you, but we always have to go get our money back for it because we never receive it.

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Check to see if they cashed your check. That's a good way to know if they received your application.
I tracked the Certified Mail number and it was delivered 7/31 so they have it anyway. I should get my license around St. Patricks Day :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I mailed my application/paperwork on the 24th of June. Called last week and they still hadn't started mine yet either. The lady I spoke to was very nice as well and suggested I call back in "2 weeks".

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
From my understanding after talking with several instructors, ranges, and applicants that since the 1st of the year the applications have sky rocketed. Gun shows are getting 200-600 applicants on a weekend. Ranges around are booked up for 3 months on a once a month class. Some instructors are holding classes 3-4 times a week with pretty good turnouts. I dont believe the State of Florida was prepared at all for this. Since the economy has taken a dump and unemployment is up along with gas and just the cost of living, crime has become even more prevalent. 2 friends of mine went to a gun show in Tampa about 2 months ago or more they also havent heard anything although their checks were cashed. Over 600 people applied at that show mostly White, over 50+ yrs of age with about 50/50 mix of female vs male. The longer you wait to apply the worse its going to get. With budget cuts within the State you can bet the Dept of Ag isn't going to be getting any relief soon. Wouldn't be surprised if it starts taking 6 months. The SCOTUS ruling also created alot of publicity that woke even more people up.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts