1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Sounds like he’s in the right place. What’s his excuse, 1st amendment? :dunno

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
This Country and all over this world there are people like this with a desire to "KILL" other people.
They will never be eliminated and will continue to "KILL" with any means they have at their disposal.
Gun
Machete
Knife
Bomb
Acid
Bear hands
Rock
Car
Truck
What ever they can use.
This is not just in our country but EVERYWHERE in this world.
If anyone thinks they can ever stop these evil monsters, They are crazier then the monsters.
I'm not considering a GOOD GUY WITH A GUN because this person may be able to stop the monster if they are there at the beginning and sees what is happening and acts.
All of the gun control laws and Signs will never stop these people
Ronnie

·
Super Moderator
26,553 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Is this the kind of action the red flag laws are looking for?

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
I'm OK with this guy being locked up.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Says he was arrested for possession of an assault rifle (CA) and a high capacity magazine (CA) plus a child endangerment charge. He wasn't arrested for the video content.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Says he was arrested for possession of an assault rifle (CA) and a high capacity magazine (CA) plus a child endangerment charge. He wasn't arrested for the video content.
It's arguable whether he "should" have been arrested (or at the very least questioned, or on someone's radar) regarding the video content.
However, it's really unfortunate (and ultimately should be deemed unconstitutional some day) for him to be arrested for possessing an "assault rifle" (whatever that is), and a "high capacity magazine" (ditto).

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
It's arguable whether he "should" have been arrested (or at the very least questioned, or on someone's radar) regarding the video content.
However, it's really unfortunate (and ultimately should be deemed unconstitutional some day) for him to be arrested for possessing an "assault rifle" (whatever that is), and a "high capacity magazine" (ditto).
Agreed.

·
Registered
15,043 Posts
Free speech and due process are dying in this country and some morons celebrate it in the name of safety

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
This is a tricky one.

Of course, I agree with the 1A protections we are guaranteed by the Constitution.

Though, THREATS are not protected speech. So, was this a credible threat? I'd submit it was credible enough to investigate. The dude LIVES in San Diego, yet he rented a hotel room strategically located across the street from a federal building... and rehearsed an attack with real guns. (And stupid enough to publish the video.) I'd say that's a credible threat. Worthy of being INVESTIGATED.

By virtue of the INVESTIGATION, he was found to have violated OTHER laws. And, he was arrested for THOSE violations. He was not arrested for the threats (speech) he made.

Whether his threats were real or not, he's a dumba$$, who got himself arrested.... perhaps to the benefit of society.

NOW.... how long can they KEEP him incarcerated? So, he gets out relatively quickly.... free to possibly plan and perpetrate other crimes.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Guns are "NOT" TOYS to play with.
This guy was a ticking time bomb just waiting to go off and he probably will still be a crazy monster wanting to kill when he is released.
There are hundreds more out there that have not popped up yet.
Ronnie

·
Super Moderator
26,553 Posts

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
It's like the idiots on the live "reality" cop TV shows.... they get pulled over for a busted tail light. But, they get ARRESTED for the outstanding warrants... or the crystal meth they have on them for resale. They didn't get arrested for the busted tail light.

This guy wasn't charged with making a scary video. He faces other charges that were discovered by virtue of attracting attention to himself with a scary video.

The headline is misleading. Yes... he was arrested AFTER making the video (chronologically). But, he wasn't arrested FOR making the video. No violation of 1A here.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
It's like the idiots on the live "reality" cop TV shows.... they get pulled over for a busted tail light. But, they get ARRESTED for the outstanding warrants... or the crystal meth they have on them for resale. They didn't get arrested for the busted tail light.

This guy wasn't charged with making a scary video. He faces other charges that were discovered by virtue of attracting attention to himself with a scary video.

The headline is misleading. Yes... he was arrested AFTER making the video (chronologically). But, he wasn't arrested FOR making the video. No violation of 1A here.
:thumsup Excellent observation. (No 1A violation.)
I'm actually a little annoyed that one slipped past my "Grammar Girl" radar. :)

It also reminds me of the dindu's who occasionally get arrested for things like having drugs on them when they visit their probation officer.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
The headline is misleading. Yes... he was arrested AFTER making the video (chronologically). But, he wasn't arrested FOR making the video.
Exactly. It is about the same as a headline that says, "California Man Arrested After Eating at McDonalds!"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts