Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
16,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How about some actual GUN TALK here?!??
I feel like I should add a disclaimer / preface to all my posts here: I am NOT A LAWYER. I have never and will never dispense legal advice. I don't want to be a lawyer. I have nothing against lawyers. But, I do have opinions about all sorts of things, including laws. Opinions do not equal "advice." Take or leave whatever I say and consider the value of it to be exactly what you paid: ZERO.

I finally took my 2nd build, the 940C / G19, to the range for its first shots!
Trigger Air gun Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Rectangle

Overall, I'd call it a success.

Load one round. Bang! Slide lock-back. Good!
Art Font Machine Illustration Motor vehicle

Load two rounds. Bang! Bang! Slide lock-back. Good!
Musical instrument accessory Gadget Font Bumper Automotive exterior

Load three rounds. Bang! Bang! Bang! Slide lock-back. Good!

Load 15 rounds. 12 bangs. Then failure to feed on #13. Weird!
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gas Gun accessory

Loaded another full mag. Bang X 12. Then #13... Failure to feed. A "stovepipe feed???" Never heard of that! Weird.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gas Gun accessory

Then I noticed something. I was using a G23 (.40-cal) mag! Duh! Was it that? Or something else? Keep reading.

I grabbed a proper G19 mag and loaded a full mag. Bang X 15. No problems!
Did it again. No problems. And again. No problems. Hooray!
(The scratchy target was from being left / stored on the table at home with cats and other objects being on it.)
Black Art Tire Font Rectangle

Shooting low / left. Don't know if that's me or the sights. Probably me. Need to check by bench-resting the pistol.

Then, I decided to do some rapid point / instinctive fire on a silhouette target.
Art Font Machine Illustration Motor vehicle

A few times, I had Failures to feed again. Look like this:
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

This happened a few times. Most of the time, I could bump the back of the slide, and it would go into battery. Once, I couldn't smack it home and had to drop the mag and rack the slide to clear.

So, what does this mean? The misfeeds were such that the bullet tip was lodged at the TOP of the chamber.

The experts over at Patriot Gun Builders seem to think it's an issue with the extractor. The new rounds aren't slipping up under the extractor properly. An easy fix with a little polishing (or different extractor). Also, possibly the breech face having some residual cerakote on it. Can also be an issue with the extractor plunger spring tension. I'll be checking that all out.

· Registered
1,947 Posts
I installed a gen 4 ejector on my build...solved the problem. E bay ( PN 30274..$12.99)

· Registered
16,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed a gen 4 ejector on my build...solved the problem. E bay ( PN 30274..$12.99)
It's the extractor not the ejector causing this problem. I have a Gen 4 ejector in it already. That solves the "brass to the face" issue of the previous ejector. This is a problem with the cartridge rim not going up into the slot of the extractor smoothly.

· Registered
8,674 Posts
I like this build, it has the go fast parts but doesn’t stick out in a crowd. Almost a “sleeper”… at least to those who don’t know what they are looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
16,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK... I cleaned up the breach face with 400 and then 800 sandpaper on a small file. Also touched up the corner / edge of the extractor. We'll see how it goes next time at the range!

Reactions: 7.62Kolectr

· Registered
16,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
16,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Racer do you have any experience with the new SCT19 frame? Being sold for only $50 I question the quality. But, I was contemplating this frame with a PSA dagger slide.
No. I've seen some photos. It LOOKS nice. It resembles the popular and sought-after Strike80 frame (which was discontinued).

But, I haven't heard much about it in terms of quality.

That, plus a Dagger slide would make for a budget build... if it works! :) I say take one for the team and go for it! Then report back!

· Registered
9 Posts
No. I've seen some photos. It LOOKS nice. It resembles the popular and sought-after Strike80 frame (which was discontinued).

But, I haven't heard much about it in terms of quality.

That, plus a Dagger slide would make for a budget build... if it works! :) I say take one for the team and go for it! Then report back!
Actually after I posted this I noticed the tactical toolbox guy on YouTube did this exact build and he said it runs well.

· Registered
13,906 Posts
Racer, that target says you are one deadly dentist! ;)

· Administrator
32,659 Posts
Racer do you have any experience with the new SCT19 frame? Being sold for only $50 I question the quality. But, I was contemplating this frame with a PSA dagger slide.
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Tigey! 🍻

Since this was your very first post to FCC almost three weeks ago without first making an introduction, this is where I should have started asking you to please now take the time to post you're own Introduction to FCC, letting forum members get to know you a little, particularly with regard to our inherent right to keep and bear arms. You can do that by going to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. Then you'll find that lots of other FCC members will know to chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, and will be more responsive in answering your questions! Also, if you're a veteran, take a look at our Military Service Thread where you'll find many of us there, too!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Again, welcome to FCC! :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts