I want one but, them darn bill collectors are on my heals. :thumbsdwn

·
Registered
10,569 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most 4" 10's were square butt and pencil barrels [ not bull barrels as in the picture ]. I'd prefer the K frame in 357 not 38 myself.
So, the pic is incorrect or did they actually make them this way?

- - - Updated - - -

Let us all in on scoop?
Zuk is not talking............hmm.

·
Registered
54,250 Posts
So, the pic is incorrect or did they actually make them this way?

- - - Updated - - -

Zuk is not talking............hmm.
They were made in round butt bull barrel, not just in the same quantity as the pencil barreled model 10's with square butts. It's rather unique to see the round butt and bull barrel, looks odd with the round butt and 4" barrel. The snubs were mostly round butt as they were meant to conceal better. :thumsup

·
Super Moderator
19,788 Posts
They were made in round butt bull barrel, not just in the same quantity as the pencil barreled model 10's with square butts. It's rather unique to see the round butt and bull barrel, looks odd with the round butt and 4" barrel. The snubs were mostly round butt as they were meant to conceal better. :thumsup
The one in my family is the traditional square butt/pencil barrel. One of my folks' home defense guns. Sits in the night stand of my former bedroom.

·
Registered
12,941 Posts
My issued Service Revolver was a Model ten with the rounded butt as were most I saw at the MPDC.

They also issued Colts but at the time (1969) those were older 4" bbl'd .38 Spc. and 2" to plain clothes investigators.

We had no .357s and were only permitted .38 Spc. for personal weapons which had to be Dept. approved and qualified with. Also only Enemic soft lead ammo was allowed. :thumbsdwn

·
Super Moderator
19,788 Posts
My issued Service Revolver was a Model ten with the rounded butt as were most I saw at the MPDC.

They also issued Colts but at the time (1969) those were older 4" bbl'd .38 Spc. and 2" to plain clothes investigators.

We had no .357s and were only permitted .38 Spc. for personal weapons which had to be Dept. approved and qualified with. Also only Enemic soft lead ammo was allowed. :thumbsdwn
Our department issue was the M-19 Combat Magnum...as a reserve deputy, had to buy my own stuff...carried a Colt Trooper MKIII, 4" blued. WILL have another some day if I find the right specimen.

·
Registered
8,749 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
These are bull barrels, got one, but it is pretty shot up. Annie has a great one in superb shape that I should have kept :smack
Don't expect pristine in any form but u might get lucky

·
Super Moderator
690 Posts
These are bull barrels, got one, but it is pretty shot up. Annie has a great one in superb shape that I should have kept :smack
Don't expect pristine in any form but u might get lucky
I appreciate your not keeping it, kind sir!!! :bowdown It is my all time favorite to shoot.....you did good! :clap ~Annie

·
Registered
13,146 Posts
Nothing, and I repeat nothing..... Shoots better than a bull barrel model 10 unless of course it's a Colt Trooper or Python.

·
Registered
54,250 Posts
Nothing, and I repeat nothing..... Shoots better than a bull barrel model 10 unless of course it's a Colt Trooper or Python.
They are natural pointers Bob. I really enjoy the model 13's and 65's in 357.

·
Registered
13,146 Posts
They are natural pointers Bob. I really enjoy the model 13's and 65's in 357.
Carried a Model 13 as my undercover gun as a marine Embassy Guard PPSU Detail. Another great gun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts