Florida Concealed Carry banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
I must say.. I'm impressed:

Got this email back ALREADY!

-----------------------------------------------

I will ask a colleague to review this as, despite that PACA is an independent legal entity, we provide legal services to PACA. Because of the holiday, it won’t be until next week. We will be in touch.

Just FYI, we don’t control the cameras at the venue, so I can’t direct anyone to preserve anything. And I’m appointed, not elected.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Andrew J. Meyers
Broward County Attorney
[email protected]

· Administrator
32,659 Posts
I must say.. I'm impressed:

Got this email back ALREADY!

-----------------------------------------------

I will ask a colleague to review this as, despite that PACA is an independent legal entity, we provide legal services to PACA. Because of the holiday, it won’t be until next week. We will be in touch.

Just FYI, we don’t control the cameras at the venue, so I can’t direct anyone to preserve anything. And I’m appointed, not elected.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Andrew J. Meyers
Broward County Attorney
[email protected]
Yes, that is very impressive, especially since it's the Thanksgiving Holiday! 🤠

Reactions: mrfearz

· Administrator
32,659 Posts
If he had accurate information maybe he would not sound so smug .
Hopefully, as a result of mrfearz's threatened law suit, the Broward Co. Atty is going to ensure he gets that information and put his smug arse in his place. . . SCROOM! 🤠

· Registered
9 Posts
Got another update from the County Attorney today -- basically the same as on Thanksgiving, but more formal. Still impressed that he's actually paying attention to this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and holiday weekend.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. As I had mentioned, this venue is owned by a separate legal entity and not by Broward County. That notwithstanding, as we do provide contractual legal services to that entity, we will be contacting them to discuss our legal analysis and to make recommendations for policy changes. We expect to have those conversations this week and should be able to update you by early next week.

I’m copying my colleague, Senior Assistant County Attorney Nathaniel Klitsberg, as he will be the one to update you. In the interim, please feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns.

Andrew J. Meyers
Broward County Attorney

· Administrator
32,659 Posts
Got another update from the County Attorney today -- basically the same as on Thanksgiving, but more formal. Still impressed that he's actually paying attention to this:

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. As I had mentioned, this venue is owned by a separate legal entity and not by Broward County. That notwithstanding, as we do provide contractual legal services to that entity, we will be contacting them to discuss our legal analysis and to make recommendations for policy changes. We expect to have those conversations this week and should be able to update you by early next week.

I’m copying my colleague, Senior Assistant County Attorney Nathaniel Klitsberg, as he will be the one to update you. In the interim, please feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns.

Andrew J. Meyers
Broward County Attorney
Encouraging and thanks for circling back to keep us updated! (y)(y)

· Registered
1,713 Posts

Andrew J. Meyers
Broward County Attorney
I admire your tenacity. Well done, even if things don't go favorably.

· Registered
15,028 Posts
I do not believe a local government in Florida can allow a third party renting a public facility to override Chapter 790. I think this is illegal and am thinking about suing the city over it.

If I were to do that (I'm too busy to do it at the moment) I would have a friend (probably the one who was with me in the Mizner video) go through this and then I would represent him.
Sorry but the vendor has a lease for the facility. You hey are considered owners for the events. It has always been that way. A lease holder has property rights and as such has the ability to trespass you.

• Haha

· Registered
9 Posts
Got a call from the County today. They're having a meeting with the Broward Center to discuss the policy and to let them know the policy violates the law. They'll call me back after the meeting and let me know what the final outcome of the policy change is. Hat's off to Broward County Attorney's Office! They've done an amazing job handling this situation.

· Administrator
32,659 Posts
Got a call from the County today. They're having a meeting with the Broward Center to discuss the policy and to let them know the policy violates the law. They'll call me back after the meeting and let me know what the final outcome of the policy change is. Hat's off to Broward County Attorney's Office! They've done an amazing job handling this situation.
Amazing! (y) (y)

Reactions: nittany lion fan
41 - 52 of 52 Posts