Florida Concealed Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I was the little turd troll!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know whether or not to be hurt.

·
Banned
1,862 Posts
Heh... Spartan (GCS for short...) is the little turd, but OSO may be right, he knows how to massage a crowd, and still stay in the good graces of the administrator himself...

This is by no means is saying he is right, nor actually has a point, but he has made an art form out of drawing people into the ban radar, then finishing them off by inciting comments and asinine statements to fan the flames further...

Apparently that's what the POS owners and administrators of this forum want, and NO disrespect in that statement is made towards the moderators, they do a fine job, but I really believe this place is all done... I think I feel badly for them most of all...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I really believe the place has been diluted too far, and all the good folks here that have not left already, are unable to shift the power back to what this forum used to be...

I'm certainly no saint, and I'm sure I have my share of members here that could care less about me or my thoughts and opinions... I really could give a rats ass...

I've had my ups and downs, and after all I'm human, I have gone overboard, just as many here have and I have made my share of messes, but in the end, I know I have tried to do some good as well.

I have stuck by a few individuals that do matter in the grand scheme of things, and at one time rallied folks together for a common cause that I feel was very successful. We helped a member here who was less fortunate, had a hard time, and needed a means of self defense... No regrets Stephen, I'd do it all over again if I could!

I've made some new friends, and came around to some folks that I actually butted heads with,... sometimes it just takes me a bit longer to see the forest through the trees...

OSO, keep catering to the little turd, for as long as I am still a member here, I'll keep calling him deserving titles, even though he has me on ignore I think, otherwise he would have replied to my most recent posts, after all they were directed right at him, and ignored... Oh well, can't say I didn't try...

Moderators, I really do apologize, you folks are gold for giving your time, energy, and wisdom to try and keep things afloat... My apologies for becoming part of the problem now, instead of the cure...

Owners and administrator: You pretty much love this crap don't you? I hope the advertising I have never seen makes you a ton of money, anyone with half a brain knows about alternative web browsers/adblock etc. This is truly just a moneymaking venture, and has no heart and soul anymore, except for some fine folks that are trying to keep it alive and in the spirit it was intended to be...

No swan song here, your going to have to throw me out if you want me gone... until then, I intend to try and learn that art form, and exercise it as much as possible...

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Heh... Spartan (GCS for short...) is the little turd, but OSO may be right, he knows how to massage a crowd, and still stay in the good graces of the administrator himself...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I really believe the place has been diluted too far, and all the good folks here that have not left already, are unable to shift the power back to what this forum used to be...

OSO, keep catering to the little turd, for as long as I am still a member here, I'll keep calling him deserving titles, even though he has me on ignore I think, otherwise he would have replied to my most recent posts, after all they were directed right at him, and ignored... Oh well, can't say I didn't try...

Owners and administrator: You pretty much love this crap don't you? I hope the advertising I have never seen makes you a ton of money, anyone with half a brain knows about alternative web browsers/adblock etc. This is truly just a moneymaking venture, and has no heart and soul anymore, except for some fine folks that are trying to keep it alive and in the spirit it was intended to be...

No swan song here, your going to have to throw me out if you want me gone... until then, I intend to try and learn that art form, and exercise it as much as possible...

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
...and then I read what Scott posted.

So, yeah, IBTL x(the little 10 exponent thingy that makes my x worth like a whole lot more).

So, how 'bout them Bucs?

-on Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Guys, I can't believe what I'm reading in some of this. I know that some of you "get it", because there have been numerous suggestions to just ignore it, but apparently some just don't catch on.

Suppose an activist for an unpopular point of view was out in public trying to convince people. He's being an irritation but is not breaking any laws. A couple of usually law abiding citizens come along and beat the heck out of him. About that time a LEO arrives. If the LEO were to arrest the activist for being a pain in the butt and let the assaulters go, many here would be screaming about police incompetence. If he arrested the assaulters, most of us would say that it's too bad, but what they did, while understandable, was wrong and the LEO did his job professionally.

So our administrator is a POS because he says that everyone has to obey the rules, and that being an irritation doesn't warrant punishment? Sheesh. I've been here long enough to know that you don't really believe that.

Thread re-opened.

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
I have him in his own special room, along with Mac. However, he instigates ( wish I couldn't see the quotes) and then whines like a little girl to the admin via pm when called out on it. Therefore, I believe I shall just comment in the whisky thread. No more opinions, advice or suggestions

·
Registered
12,973 Posts
I have him in his own special room, along with Mac. However, he instigates ( wish I couldn't see the quotes) and then whines like a little girl to the admin via pm when called out on it. Therefore, I believe I shall just comment in the whisky thread. No more opinions, advice or suggestions
And just leave the she-sheep defenseless? Not like you. :grin

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
Girls. I like girls:grin

except the whiny one referred to above

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Steve, you along with other mods make a lot of sense and do a commendable in what is at times a tough environment. Your words in this thread are spot on but you must admit that some of the crap that gets posted here is tantamount to someone selling Nazi memorabilia at a flea market in Israel, no?

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
True, I don't like some of what I read here. When that happens, and it's within the rules, I grit my teeth and let it go, or I respond to it rationally and with civilized language.

·
Banned
1,862 Posts
Guys, I can't believe what I'm reading in some of this. I know that some of you "get it", because there have been numerous suggestions to just ignore it, but apparently some just don't catch on.

Suppose an activist for an unpopular point of view was out in public trying to convince people. He's being an irritation but is not breaking any laws. A couple of usually law abiding citizens come along and beat the heck out of him. About that time a LEO arrives. If the LEO were to arrest the activist for being a pain in the butt and let the assaulters go, many here would be screaming about police incompetence. If he arrested the assaulters, most of us would say that it's too bad, but what they did, while understandable, was wrong and the LEO did his job professionally.

So our administrator is a POS because he says that everyone has to obey the rules, and that being an irritation doesn't warrant punishment? Sheesh. I've been here long enough to know that you don't really believe that.

Thread re-opened.
Steve, your right, and the analogy given makes a lot of sense, but to further detail it, what if said LEO came across this very same "activist" on a daily, or even hourly basis, getting his azz beat by law abiding citizens? I guess that was my point, and even the viewpoint of FLRon who I quote in my signature. (Sorry FLRon, it was captured with the utmost respect to you!) Wouldn't and shouldn't the LEO get tired and eventually tell that "activist" to move on, find another place to display his "activism" or simply stop as the next time he has to come save his azz, he will be the one arrested? (Disturbing the peace with his "activism" comes to mind...)

In regards to my POS comment towards administrator OSO (and the owner(s) whoever the hell they may be...), it is truly to rattle his cage, and somewhat childish I know, but in recent PM's with him he found some of my other comments funny, he will either enjoy the chuckle, or ban my azz... but more to the point, it was stated with the harshness, as it has gotten tiresome as FLRon has suggested in my quote below, and yet OSO feels as long as said "activist" is not breaking any rules, he can continue to incite all the bad blood he wants within those limits!

I know we could just ignore him, but I don't have anyone on my ignore list, its a puss move in my book, but to each his own...

In the end though, I do respect you Steve, as well as all the other mods, and appreciate you re-opening this thread, it may get a tad productive!

Cheers!

-Scott

·
Banned
1,862 Posts
Scott, you're the Schnizzle in my book. Ask Bonz, its a good thing. :grin
That my friend is not taken lightly! Appreciated! :thumsup

·
Registered
16,451 Posts
Pierre it's is interesting to me how you lay fault on a person for simply typing words others don't agree with?
Is it not apparent to you their immaturity got themselves banned? He did nothing but express his views which they could not resist responding to. Only they responded in a way which apparently broke the rules.
And it is equally amusing to me you and others continue to want to call him names like 'Little Turd'?
I think what makes most upset about him is he is capable of expressing opposing views eloquently and in ways which question the mainstream thought process. Much of that is ignored and responded to with insults.
Remember this though not once have I read or seen where Spartan outright insulted others and their beliefs as many here continue to do. He has held himself to a higher standard than those who constantly nit pick him and insult him.
But if it makes you feel better y'all go right ahead and keep blaming him for other people's mistakes.

·
Banned
3,030 Posts
Steve, your right, and the analogy given makes a lot of sense, but to further detail it, what if said LEO came across this very same "activist" on a daily, or even hourly basis, getting his azz beat by law abiding citizens? I guess that was my point, and even the viewpoint of FLRon who I quote in my signature. (Sorry FLRon, it was captured with the utmost respect to you!) Wouldn't and shouldn't the LEO get tired and eventually tell that "activist" to move on, find another place to display his "activism" or simply stop as the next time he has to come save his azz, he will be the one arrested? (Disturbing the peace with his "activism" comes to mind...)
Sure, it happened during the civil rights movement when KKK members were beating the hell out of and murdering activists that went to the South and who were encouraging African Americans to enroll to vote. On most occasions the LEOs who still arrested and even beat the activists up did so not because they agreed with the KKK, but because it was 'their' town and they were sick of all of this drama.

I have a difference of opinion on some issues with some people on this forum. I still believe in the right to keep and bear arms and in fact believe it is an absolute right. I would have thought that members of the forum would see the benefit that comes with having members of diverse national, ethnic, political and religious backgrounds being active participants in the gun community, particularly as it shows that the gun community is not a homogenous group of white Christian Republicans that own trucks and have Confederate Flags flying around on them and instead encompasses a diverse group of people.

I guess however, that there are a group of members on this forum who want to keep it a predominantly white, neo-conservative, Anti-Muslim and Republican style forum and will constantly complain and complain and complain about it not being that way.

I have many friends who I vehemently disagree with but they're still my friends, so long as they view me as an equal human being to them with as much rights as they have I have no issue with those differences.

I don't see a reason why people here can't engage in dialogue and discussion with people that they vehemently disagree with, without engaging in insults and threats and instead argue the facts?

If you can't do that, then I mean, you're pretty under developed in your social skills.

·
Registered
12,973 Posts
Your "facts" are totally revisionist and your love of America conflicts with your anti American rhetoric. You are transparent to many of us and have fooled some well intentioned members. :thumbsdwn

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
Pierre it's is interesting to me how you lay fault on a person for simply typing words others don't agree with?
Is it not apparent to you their immaturity got themselves banned? He did nothing but express his views which they could not resist responding to. Only they responded in a way which apparently broke the rules.
And it is equally amusing to me you and others continue to want to call him names like 'Little Turd'?
I think what makes most upset about him is he is capable of expressing opposing views eloquently and in ways which question the mainstream thought process. Much of that is ignored and responded to with insults.
Remember this though not once have I read or seen where Spartan outright insulted others and their beliefs as many here continue to do. He has held himself to a higher standard than those who constantly nit pick him and insult him.
But if it makes you feel better y'all go right ahead and keep blaming him for other people's mistakes.
Blanca, This isn't 100% true. And he has been banned for violating rules himself. But in general, he knows how to post to upset everyone without violating the rules. If everyone ignored him, his effect would go away.

I've said this before in other threads, disagree but don't be a jerk and personally insult other members. That's what gets you banned.

·
Banned
1,862 Posts
Fair enough, but where you do not see, most times it's not an eloquently opposing view, but a source of agitation... I know you may have respect for him and even think the opposite, but I really don't see it as healthy arguing most times, and he does attack other religions, and other members at times, NO I'm not going to go dig it out and cite it (dont care to put any amount of time to that...), I'll just respect your opinion of him and leave it at agreeing to disagree.

I also find regular offense to him constantly framing everything from his point of view as a muslim, not because he is muslim, BUT beacause he feels we should all feel/think/react like one. I do recall him arguing that the "Taliban" are not terrorists as well, some people just can't hold back at that point, such as folks that lost Friends or Family in the 9/11 tragedies, I myself lost seven wonderful souls that day, and the "terror" that was displayed will forever haunt me... Maybe it makes me bias towards him, soooo I'll exact my 1st amendment rights as long as the establishment here allow me to, and say what I want about it.

I'm not perfect, and I'm not right all the time, thank God for that!

With respect!

-Scott

·
Banned
1,862 Posts
Sure, it happened during the civil rights movement when KKK members were beating the hell out of and murdering activists that went to the South and who were encouraging African Americans to enroll to vote. On most occasions the LEOs who still arrested and even beat the activists up did so not because they agreed with the KKK, but because it was 'their' town and they were sick of all of this drama.

I have a difference of opinion on some issues with some people on this forum. I still believe in the right to keep and bear arms and in fact believe it is an absolute right. I would have thought that members of the forum would see the benefit that comes with having members of diverse national, ethnic, political and religious backgrounds being active participants in the gun community, particularly as it shows that the gun community is not a homogenous group of white Christian Republicans that own trucks and have Confederate Flags flying around on them and instead encompasses a diverse group of people.

I guess however, that there are a group of members on this forum who want to keep it a predominantly white, neo-conservative, Anti-Muslim and Republican style forum and will constantly complain and complain and complain about it not being that way.

I have many friends who I vehemently disagree with but they're still my friends, so long as they view me as an equal human being to them with as much rights as they have I have no issue with those differences.

I don't see a reason why people here can't engage in dialogue and discussion with people that they vehemently disagree with, without engaging in insults and threats and instead argue the facts?

If you can't do that, then I mean, you're pretty under developed in your social skills.
Refer to the below! Your not fooling me you, self proclaimed social genius! And much like has been pointed out, your bolded statement is an insult, and pushing buttons just up to, and not beyond breaking the rules. You crafty little, oh wait, I can rise above... well played yet again! Carry On!

Your "facts" are totally revisionist and your love of America conflicts with your anti American rhetoric. You are transparent to many of us and have fooled some well intentioned members. :thumbsdwn

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.