·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mountain City Supply

.45 ammo 25.00 a bag of 50
9mm 20.00 a bag of 50

I bought almost a 1000 rounds.

They have mixed reviews about delivery but I ordered today and got a UPS bill saying it shipped today.

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Nice. Thanks for sharing. (y)

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
A lot of stuff on their main page is from recycled brass.
Are you taking that into account with the comparison shopping?
Just wondering...

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just wondering...
I didn't buy recycled brass for the .45, the 9mm I did.
It really doesn't matter to me as I don't reload pistol ammo.

·
Super Moderator
29,889 Posts
Just wondering...
I may not understand here but does "recycled" brass mean it was melted down and formed into brass cases again, or just cleaned and reloaded?

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may not understand here but does "recycled" brass mean it was melted down and formed into brass cases again, or just cleaned and reloaded?
cleaned and reloaded

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I probably should have said "once fired" brass, but unless you're the one re-loading, I guess you never really know for sure.

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with recycled brass, but I don't buy it myself.
Not out of any need for economy or availability - I'm just already well-stocked up on everything except .22LR (new handgun caliber for me).

I'm a Glock fan boy, and Glock is pretty adamant about using new factory ammo only, and not reloads.
There's the famous Glock "smile" in the unsupported portion of the chamber, where allegedly weak brass from prior firings could be a problem if the reloaded cartridge just happens to line up perfectly, and the heaven and Earth conspire for the ensuing malfunction or tragedy, but since I'm not into handgun caliber reloading either, it does not matter to me.

When I do get into reloading (some future time TBD), I will definitely want to start with .338 Lapua Magnum, as that is an expensive round to shoot.
Fun. But expensive.
When the firearms market returns to some sort of normalcy, I may even start "building" a 6.5 Creedmoor or maybe a 7mm-08 platform. (?)

Sounds like a good deal on the ammo, Bob.
I hear that .45 is hard to come by at all in a lot of places, much less at "reasonable" price. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tried the site, was going to buy 250 rounds of 9mm and 100 rounds of 380, about $153 but shipping was $33.00.
Cancelled and didn't finish order

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
I probably should have said "once fired" brass, but unless you're the one re-loading, I guess you never really know for sure.

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with recycled brass, but I don't buy it myself.
Not out of any need for economy or availability - I'm just already well-stocked up on everything except .22LR (new handgun caliber for me).

I'm a Glock fan boy, and Glock is pretty adamant about using new factory ammo only, and not reloads.
There's the famous Glock "smile" in the unsupported portion of the chamber, where allegedly weak brass from prior firings could be a problem if the reloaded cartridge just happens to line up perfectly, and the heaven and Earth conspire for the ensuing malfunction or tragedy, but since I'm not into handgun caliber reloading either, it does not matter to me.

When I do get into reloading (some future time TBD), I will definitely want to start with .338 Lapua Magnum, as that is an expensive round to shoot.
Fun. But expensive.
When the firearms market returns to some sort of normalcy, I may even start "building" a 6.5 Creedmoor or maybe a 7mm-08 platform. (?)

Sounds like a good deal on the ammo, Bob.
I hear that .45 is hard to come by at all in a lot of places, much less at "reasonable" price. :)
Well , quite a while back in years , i bought some off of Gunbroker site .. It is quite difficult by the eye to see anything different .. However , the primer pockets on some were used so many times , the primers would be quite loose going back in .

Also , naturally on semi autos , the ejector tends to round off the flat area of the 'rimless' case head after many times reloaded . It should have been sold as 'Used Brass' period .. I also bought 7.62x39 used and were dented to hell ..

Others i had purchased still had the original primers [ military crimped brass ] , was OK .. Just my experience with some. This is not to disparage anything listed above .. I purchased thousands for wheel guns were fine .. Gunner '

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Sounds like a decent price. I guess if you’re out, you’re out and you need ammo. I have just always been a little hesitant to buy reloads if I don’t know who was reloading them.

·
Super Moderator
29,889 Posts
Sounds like a decent price. I guess if you’re out, you’re out and you need ammo. I have just always been a little hesitant to buy reloads if I don’t know who was reloading them.
Don't mind buying reloads from an FFL 06 or FFL 07. I won't touch amareur reloads and will not allow others to use my reloads; I couldn't live with the liability in case something goes wrong. :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
29,889 Posts
I've already got several thousand once fired brass in each if the pistol and rifle calibers I reload. However, I only have about 5k if the right size primers and awaiting to improve that situation when the primer prices improve. :unsure:

Reactions: LabGuy

·
Registered
132 Posts
There are places selling new 9mm, 1000 rounds for about $.45 per round with free shipping. Given the shipping that quote that .32D noted, that seems like as good if not better deal. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got delivery yesterday and it all looks solid. I will do a range report from my class next weekend. But there is nothing wrong with this order. I am estatic.

Reactions: Shark1007
1 - 17 of 17 Posts