Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I feel the media is to blame. Cop kills a black by kneeling on neck for 9 minutes....report it,cop shoots kills black who is about to stab another person (black OR white)......report it but make a clear distinction between the 2 incidents.
I do not scream RACISM at all statements made on the forum but I DO yell when somebody says something that has a subtle racist meaning.
That's exactly what I said. Sifting through volumes of information looking for ANYTHING that can be twisted into a racist accusation while never responding to or even absorbing the actual information.

I'm being serious here Fish. There's something going on in your party from the top down. I know you don't see it but you should really listen to what the leaders are saying. Nearly every problem, disagreement or event is being blamed on racism with ZERO consideration for the real issue.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
By the way, do we know the name of the teenager who was seconds away from being murdered? Has the press sought her out and asked her how she feels? Have her parents been interviewed, and been asked whether they are grateful the officer was there and saved the girl's life?

The press chooses how it will cover events (when they aren't actually just making stuff up). Interesting how the press is choosing to cover this incident.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
That's exactly what I said. Sifting through volumes of information looking for ANYTHING that can be twisted into a racist accusation while never responding to or even absorbing the actual information.

I'm being serious here Fish. There's something going on in your party from the top down. I know you don't see it but you should really listen to what the leaders are saying. Nearly every problem, disagreement or event is being blamed on racism with ZERO consideration for the real issue.
We are speaking to (not at) each other and that's great.
Racism is not the cause of every problem but I believe it is the cause of many and itt's a HUGE problem.
Slavery (the nations original sin) started it because the christian slave owners had to justify owning another human in light of christian teachings.
They did it by in effect saying black slaves are inferior to white people and that justifies treating them differently.
Some here have, in the past, said to me that there is NO racism in modern America and that is ridiculous.

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
Racism is not the cause of every problem but I believe it is the cause of many and itt's a HUGE problem.
Slavery (the nations original sin) started it because the christian slave owners had to justify owning another human in light of christian teachings.
They did it by in effect saying black slaves are inferior to white people and that justifies treating them differently.
Some here have, in the past, said to me that there is NO racism in modern America and that is ridiculous.
Alright go ahead and blame the "white" people....

Care to explain this? Read a little bit before sounding off blaming Christian slave owners. Holy crap man do you not remember history? People have owned people for years and still do!

Global Slavery Index

Reactions: bladenbullet

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Agreed. However, I think the racism and prejudice many of us cisgendered, straight white males are experiencing lately is quite different than what you may have in mind.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Alright go ahead and blame the "white" people....

Care to explain this? Read a little bit before sounding off blaming Christian slave owners. Holy crap man do you not remember history? People have owned people for years and still do!

Global Slavery Index
Of course slavery goes back thousands of years but that does not contradict what I said re Christian slave owners. YOU yourself take this racially, I did not mention "white" slave owners,just "Christian "slave owners.
I and most Liberals are not attacking the "white" race.......YOU are making it an attack on OUR mutual race.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Agreed. However, I think the racism and prejudice many of us cisgendered, straight white males are experiencing lately is quite different than what you may have in mind.
Please............You may feel predjudiced AGAINST and if true what you feel may well be the end of the hegemony of straight white males in this nation.

FWIW; I am a strait white male..
Any comments I made re Christian slave owners also apply to my co-religionists (Jewish) who were also slave owners.
One of the members of the cabinet of the CSA was Judah Philip Benjamin.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I bet they hang this cop - THAT WAS CALLED - for shooting that nice young lady.
Get this:
POLICE WERE CALLED AND TOLD TO HURRY
OFFICER SHOWS UP.
GIRL HAS KNIFE AND RUNS TOWARD ANOTHER GIRL.
OFFICER HAS NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO SHOOT HER.
NOW, the crowd says the cop murdered her and not be thanking the officer for saving the other girls life./
AMERICA 2021
RIP

Ronnie

·
Registered
11,137 Posts
This is where we disagree. Sure, racism exists in this country...and everywhere else in the world. But it most certainly is not a HUGE problem. Virtually every societal ill is now attributed to racism by the woke mob, but I have yet to see any real evidence of such; unequal/unfavorable outcomes experienced by POC are not evidence of systemic racism. If the U.S. was as inherently racist as the left claims, we would still be waiting to elect our first black President.

With the exception of those sporting facial tattoos (they're just a bunch of freakin' weirdos), I don't judge people by the color of their skin. I consider myself a logical, rational person who views things objectively to the best of my ability, and judging someone by that criteria does not seem logical to me. Instead, I judge people by their behavior and philosophy. I didn't dislike Obama because he was black; I disliked him because of his policies. I didn't dislike Hillary because she was a woman; I disliked her because of her policy positions (and because she's as crooked as a dog's hind leg). But any disagreement with either of those two will get you labeled as a racist and a misogynist by the left. I won't claim that everyone on the political left is guilty of this, but there are enough who are that my generalization is not inaccurate.

Here is an opinion that would be labeled as racist by the left - the overwhelming majority of so-called "police brutality" against blacks is a direct result of blacks fighting with and/or running from the police. Now that's just an opinion, though I think it is an informed one. But here's an actual statistical, objective fact that routinely gets labeled as racism - blacks commit over half of the murders and robberies in this country while only accounting for about 13% of the population. And anyone who mentions this fact is labeled as a racist.

It's hard to have any kind of meaningful dialogue when one side not only refuses to acknowledge some fundamental objective truths, but steadfastly denies them.

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
Of course slavery goes back thousands of years but that does not contradict what I said re Christian slave owners. YOU yourself take this racially, I did not mention "white" slave owners,just "Christian "slave owners.
I and most Liberals are not attacking the "white" race.......YOU are making it an attack on OUR mutual race.
If you didn't think we wouldn't understand the undertones of where you were going is crazy.

I've worked in crack town. I know racism first hand. Been on the end of it myself for the entire time I worked there because I was the only white that worked there. The last shift wen I left the rest of the store was happy because they ran the "white boy" off. I was young 18 year old kid working at a national retail parts store. They didn't like me because I knew more about vehicles than they did. They made it know also. The customer were the worse. I learn every slang racist word for a white person, because I was called it. Sorry dude you don't what a core charge is. They back counter people would do it on purposes to piss me off and try to get me to quit.

Only one of them was a cool and he had a old GM convertible with a 327 in it. The young black people where assholes.

So there I made it about race.

Shocking after that experience I have no ill will towards anyone of color. I have all races, sexes and creeds over to my house for BBQ's. If you're cool, I'm cool. Not a hard way to live life that way.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
My first job. 1984. I applied to work in an Arkansas grocery chain. Safeway. They had a main office where they did all the hiring for the region. Usual process, paper application, interview and job offer. The lady who hired me informed me that the store manager she was sending me to had requested a black employee. But, she couldn’t do that. I spent about a year and half suffering his abuse because he got a white boy.

Racism comes in all colors and flavors. This notion that it only belongs to a certain group is just silly.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
If you didn't think we wouldn't understand the undertones of where you were going is crazy.

I've worked in crack town. I know racism first hand. Been on the end of it myself for the entire time I worked there because I was the only white that worked there. The last shift wen I left the rest of the store was happy because they ran the "white boy" off. I was young 18 year old kid working at a national retail parts store. They didn't like me because I knew more about vehicles than they did. They made it know also. The customer were the worse. I learn every slang racist word for a white person, because I was called it. Sorry dude you don't what a core charge is. They back counter people would do it on purposes to piss me off and try to get me to quit.

Only one of them was a cool and he had a old GM convertible with a 327 in it. The young black people where assholes.

So there I made it about race.

Shocking after that experience I have no ill will towards anyone of color. I have all races, sexes and creeds over to my house for BBQ's. If you're cool, I'm cool. Not a hard way to live life that way.
"THEY"

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
My first job. 1984. I applied to work in an Arkansas grocery chain. Safeway. They had a main office where they did all the hiring for the region. Usual process, paper application, interview and job offer. The lady who hired me informed me that the store manager she was sending me to had requested a black employee. But, she couldn’t do that. I spent about a year and half suffering his abuse because he got a white boy.

Racism comes in all colors and flavors. This notion that it only belongs to a certain group is just silly.
totally correct BUT compare the effects of white on black racism to the effects of the opposite.

·
Registered
55,088 Posts
totally correct BUT compare the effects of white on black racism to the effects of the opposite.
Easy, RadTek taking abuse for over a year from that black manager didn't bring violence to the black manager or other blacks due to percived injustices.

I didn't go get a group of other whites to hunt the black criminal elements for their perpetrating racism upon myself.

HOWEVER, we see blacks retaliating against whites for some perceived injustices far too frequently. Even to the point of bringing an attitude that because an ancestor or fellow black man/woman may have experienced racism 150 years ago during the era of slavery is now reason to attack whites.

Want a comparison? Compare how whites handle racism purportrated by blacks and how blacks handle racism purportrated upon them in the inner cities of America.

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
Yes. They. Pronoun.....a word that can function by itself as a noun phrase and that refers either to the participants in the discourse.

This business of taking something innocuous and twisting it to vilify it to fulfill a narrative really pisses me off. But I suspect that’s the real intent.
That would be TRY 😂

Its amazing you can lead a horse to water with personals experiences and still be blamed for what other did?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts