Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
55,088 Posts

"
(1) Roughly 4x as many people are stabbed to death every year than are shot to death with a rifle of any kind. Knives are lethal. Period. (2) This wasn't a "knife fight." It was attempted murder. (3) Why are we ignoring the Black girl whose life was likely saved?
Quote Tweet

Valerie Jarrett

@ValerieJarrett
· 22h
A Black teenage girl named Ma’Khia Bryant was killed because a police officer immediately decided to shoot her multiple times in order to break up a knife fight. Demand accountability. Fight for justice.
_

There's some real idiots out there that just can't grasp reality.

·
Registered
55,088 Posts

"
(1) Roughly 4x as many people are stabbed to death every year than are shot to death with a rifle of any kind. Knives are lethal. Period. (2) This wasn't a "knife fight." It was attempted murder. (3) Why are we ignoring the Black girl whose life was likely saved?
Quote Tweet

Valerie Jarrett

@ValerieJarrett
· 22h
A Black teenage girl named Ma’Khia Bryant was killed because a police officer immediately decided to shoot her multiple times in order to break up a knife fight. Demand accountability. Fight for justice.

There's some real idiots out there that just can't grasp reality.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
I wasn’t going to post anything on this but it has been bothersome. It demonstrates the dilemma tugging at police officers from different directions every day. Teenager or not, the way that big heavy girl was holding the knife and swinging, she was about to kill or do great bodily harm to the other girl.

Without getting all political and argumentative, what is a police officer to do? I believe I would have shot the girl too. If he had done nothing the alternate headline would have been “black teenager stabbed to death in front of police officer who did nothing“

Almost stereotypically and predictably, the mother of the decedent was interviewed telling how she was such a good girl and that she fostered peace. I understood that her daughter was in foster care.

Now bring on the politics!

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
This is a still shot circulating. It’s pretty clear to me, seeing the video and this still, the girl was lunging with her right arm holding the knife cocked back.

Tragic, awful, but a good shoot IMHO.

While my heart certainly goes out toward the family, it definitely goes to this officer for having to make this split second call.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
As to the story now spinning that “knife fights are no big deal”, I can only say this shot and video slaps the normal narrative in the face....now the left is just making $#*& up!

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Crap. There are two threads on this. Brownie posted same. I dropped a still shot making the rounds that clearly (IMHO) show the deceased lunging with the knife hand cocked back in his. I don’t see how anyone can dispute this one.

·
Registered
55,088 Posts
As to the story now spinning that “knife fights are no big deal”, I can only say this shot and video slaps the normal narrative in the face....now the left is just making $#*& up!
It's about anti leo mentality

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Actually it ought to be “in the process of stabbing someone to death” threatening is 12 feet away menacing “I’m gonna get you“ following through is what the video depicted.

·
Registered
55,088 Posts
Crap. There are two threads on this. Brownie posted same. I dropped a still shot making the rounds that clearly (IMHO) show the deceased lunging with the knife hand cocked back in his. I don’t see how anyone can dispute this one.
I asked the mods to merge them

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
The left’s stupidity (no nicer word for it) never ceases to amaze. I should be used to it by now. But they constantly up their game.

Reactions: Denverd0n

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
. . . And yet many are already jumping on the bandwagon to bash the police and make political hay out of this. Twitter is all a flutter with the usual crowd posting ignorant diatribes.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
. . . And yet many are already jumping on the bandwagon to bash the police and make political hay out of this. Twitter is all a flutter with the usual crowd posting ignorant diatribes.
I don’t know why I’m surprised, but It truly blows my mind.

·
Super Moderator
29,474 Posts
Threads merged and combined thread moved to Edged Weapons.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
The left’s stupidity (no nicer word for it) never ceases to amaze. I should be used to it by now. But they constantly up their game.
It does seem like the entire Left wing has lost their minds at the same time. From the top leadership down to our own resident troll. I really think something strange is going on with them as a group.

They've gone from arguing points that were wrong to simply screaming "RACISM" about everything under the sun. It's like they've lost all ability to comprehend any details. They only filter information based on whether they can twist it into a racial accusation or not. They don't seem to be processing or absorbing anything beyond that.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
I wasn’t going to post anything on this but it has been bothersome. It demonstrates the dilemma tugging at police officers from different directions every day. Teenager or not, the way that big heavy girl was holding the knife and swinging, she was about to kill or do great bodily harm to the other girl.

Without getting all political and argumentative, what is a police officer to do? I believe I would have shot the girl too. If he had done nothing the alternate headline would have been “black teenager stabbed to death in front of police officer who did nothing“

Almost stereotypically and predictably, the mother of the decedent was interviewed telling how she was such a good girl and that she fostered peace. I understood that her daughter was in foster care.

Now bring on the politics!
Some Libs say dumb things and you guys quote them........I can understand.
Some "Conservos" say dumb things and maybe you folks should quote them.

Had I been that cop,I would have fired.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
It does seem like the entire Left wing has lost their minds at the same time. From the top leadership down to our own resident troll. I really think something strange is going on with them as a group.

They've gone from arguing points that were wrong to simply screaming "RACISM" about everything under the sun. It's like they've lost all ability to comprehend any details. They only filter information based on whether they can twist it into a racial accusation or not. They don't seem to be processing or absorbing anything beyond that.
I feel the media is to blame. Cop kills a black by kneeling on neck for 9 minutes....report it,cop shoots kills black who is about to stab another person (black OR white)......report it but make a clear distinction between the 2 incidents.
I do not scream RACISM at all statements made on the forum but I DO yell when somebody says something that has a subtle racist meaning.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts