Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched a couple videos this morning by the above referenced gentlemen. They have a series of videos available on the Wilson combat website. I’ve been a 1911 and a 45 guy for a long time. I was pissed in the mid-80s when the military dropped the 1911 for the 9 mm Beretta. I had long been retired but just felt that the 1911 spoke “U.S.”

In one of the videos Wilson says that he prefers 9 mm to a 45 which I almost consider sacrilege. In his video “ The evolution of the Beretta 92“ he is quoted as saying that if he had to run into a gun store and pick up a gun to immediately run out and defend himself with, it would be a Beretta 92.

I have one of the Wilson combat Beretta 92 centurions and am impressed. What is this world coming to when one of the top 45 guys in the country prefers 9 mm???

Wilson said, which I found shocking, that there were about 400 different variations of the Beretta 92.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
I have both (several) for over 25 years. Personally, I’d pick the Berretta as an EDC over all my .45s today.

If I was to pick one of my .45s it would be my H&K USP if size wasn’t an option or my Colt Officers if size was an option. I have a few S&Ws “Sonny Crockett” ones and a few Colt 1911s. All of which I have chosen to carry over the years.

I personally, today, prefer that larger round capacity and faster follow up shots of the Beretta.

The Beretta was my very first firearm my father purchased for me. I still have it and would never sell it. I prefer Glocks in 9mm now, but would have no issue with the Beretta ever. I feel that truly meets ”my” definition of a “combat handgun”.

YMMV. (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts