Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
As a general rule, most bills that state "only the government may...." don't fare so well in appeals court. Banning the operation of an otherwise legal activity unless the government owns it? Who died and left our state/county governments flawless?

Another - prohibited from operating a business unless you have a 90%, certified, population of LEOs? That's certainly mandating a business' operations model and customer base. Demanding user logs and records of ID/use also?

So many holes in that one it won't last 2 seconds if challenged.

The people of Virginia elected this government, don't forget.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I feel bad for the gun owners living there. If it can happen to them it can happen to us too. I'm sure very few if not any gun owners voted for this.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
And I listened to this this morning. I wondered what of "private" indoor ranges owned by an individual.... Are they affected as well?

·
Super Moderator
26,644 Posts
As a general rule, most bills that state "only the government may...." don't fare so well in appeals court. Banning the operation of an otherwise legal activity unless the government owns it? Who died and left our state/county governments flawless?

Another - prohibited from operating a business unless you have a 90%, certified, population of LEOs? That's certainly mandating a business' operations model and customer base. Demanding user logs and records of ID/use also?

So many holes in that one it won't last 2 seconds if challenged.

The people of Virginia elected this government, don't forget.
And that's a huge lesson in voter turn-out. The 2A friendly and Liberty loving people of Virginia failed to turn out in significant numbers for the vote last year, at their peril. However, I don't think they'll make that mistake come this November or any election in the coming years! The question is, is it too late for Virginia? Time will tell. :popcorn

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
I'm from VA ,just like NY cities out vote smaller towns and all the deep state a$$holes that work in DC live there. When I was 14 the hand writing was on the wall, high taxes, cold weather and expensive housing sent us south to buy our first house. Our friends up there are very upset but going to stay because all of there family are there. I hope that it doesn't pass or is overturned.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have never seen an indoor range in a building that employs more than 50 people. Could this be a swipe at the NRA's Fairfax location? If the bill passed, the NRA range would not meet the 50 person regulation. What a great way to say "you're no longer welcome here."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts