Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been looking for a new hunting scope lately to go on my Bergara b14 7mm rem mag. Looking for something with high performance in low light conditions (>= 90% LT) so i can use every last minute of legal shooting light. I would also like serviceable turrets whether target or ballistic for dialing in long shots rather than a bdc reticle. And it must have an adjustable parallax. Currently sporting an older zeiss conquest but wanting to upgrade to the turrets so hoping for something in the 1000$ range. What are some recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
31,674 Posts
Reactions: Calimwulf

·
Vendor
1,150 Posts
Athlon, Sightron, Meopta, Burris, as a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it is our pleasure to assist in discussing different options and opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have a few moments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I’ve been looking for a new hunting scope lately to go on my Bergara b14 7mm rem mag. Looking for something with high performance in low light conditions (>= 90% LT) so i can use every last minute of legal shooting light. I would also like serviceable turrets whether target or ballistic for dialing in long shots rather than a bdc reticle. And it must have an adjustable parallax. Currently sporting an older zeiss conquest but wanting to upgrade to the turrets so hoping for something in the 1000$ range. What are some recommendations?
Boss, have you looked at the Zeus Conquest V4? It's second focal plane and MOA. The 4-16X50 is just over your price range by $150. The 3-16X56 is well under.

-90% Light Transmission
Has parallax adjustment

The look thru the glass is clean and crisp.

I'm not a seller or reseller though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A scope set at 6X will make a deer standing at 200 yards (600 feet) look like it's just a bit more than 30 yards away (100 feet to be exact). It shouldn't be difficult to aim at an animal that appears as though it's at 30 yards—most of the time.

·
Super Moderator
31,674 Posts
A scope set at 6X will make a deer standing at 200 yards (600 feet) look like it's just a bit more than 30 yards away (100 feet to be exact). It shouldn't be difficult to aim at an animal that appears as though it's at 30 yards—most of the time.
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, flavafull9! 🍻

It's a breach of etiquette for your first post to FCC to not be your own Introduction thread.

So please now take the time to educate yourself on how FCC works (see last paragraph below) and then I suggest that you post you're own proper Introduction Thread to FCC letting forum members get to know you a little, of course without getting too personal. You can do that by going to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. Then you'll find that lots of other FCC members will know to chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, and will be more responsive in answering your questions or paying attention to your for sale item!

If you're a veteran, take a look at our Military Service Thread where you'll find many of us there, too!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Also, I highly recommend you read this thread to understand how to navigate FCC to get the most out of your experience. One particular item that's caught many veteran FCC members off guard is the "Recommended Reading" at the bottom of each page, which MAY contain quite old threads of inactive conversations lacking up-to-date information or context. So beware of the date of the last post (just to the right of the post number) in any thread you come across so you don't mistakenly think every post is recent and start responding to very old posts/threads that been dormant for quite some time, sometimes for many years.

Again, welcome to FCC and good luck! :cool:

·
Registered
14,778 Posts
Athlon Optics. I can help/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best I have used is a March 2.5-25x52 sfp, followed by either a Nightforce nxs 5.5-22x50 on a friends rifle or a Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x44. The nightforce would be the more rugged of the two between it and the Leupold, but the leupold glass was as good, would maybe be better with the larger objective, and much less weight if that is a factor. The March is better than both in pretty much every way in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
31,674 Posts
Best I have used is a March 2.5-25x52 sfp, followed by either a Nightforce nxs 5.5-22x50 on a friends rifle or a Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x44. The nightforce would be the more rugged of the two between it and the Leupold, but the leupold glass was as good, would maybe be better with the larger objective, and much less weight if that is a factor. The March is better than both in pretty much every way in my opinion.
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Haorton! 🍻

Please now take the time to educate yourself on how FCC really works (see last paragraph below) and then please post you're own proper Introduction Thread to FCC letting forum members get to know you more, of course without getting too personal while you also get to know us more! You can do that by going to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. Then you'll find that lots of other FCC members will know to chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, and will be more responsive in answering your questions!

If you're a veteran, take a look at our Military Service Thread where you'll find many of us there, too!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Also, I highly recommend you read this thread to understand how to navigate FCC to get the most out of your experience. One particular item that's caught many veteran FCC members off guard is the "Recommended Reading" at the bottom of each page, which MAY contain quite old threads of inactive conversations lacking up-to-date information or context. So beware of the date of the last post (just to the right of the post number) in any thread you come across so you don't mistakenly think every post is recent and start responding to very old posts/threads that been dormant for quite some time, sometimes for many years.

Again, welcome to FCC and good luck! :cool:

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
I bought a Athion BTR 8X34X56 and am very happy with it. For the money 449$ it will be hard to beat ,in hind sight I should have given Camera Land a chance to match the price ,good luck with your search.

·
Super Moderator
31,674 Posts
Got my first optic from bttbbob, an Athlon Midas BTR 4.5-27x50 SFP MIL that I installed on the Howa 1500 6.5 Creedmoore rifle I built (also with bttbbob's excellent help!) and which I've enjoyed learning long range shooting with. I would recommend Athlon Optics to anyone, but admittedly I don't have a lot of LR rifle shooting experience. 🤠

1 - 15 of 15 Posts