Florida Concealed Carry banner
121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
I've carried a Glock 27 (sub-compact) for probably 2 decades. But, after making a run at the "Dicken Drill" with my G27 and "passing" but still disappointed... I decided to consider moving UP in size to a G19 (compact). I have an old Gen 2 Glock 19 that I've been carrying for a couple of months as a "test." And, I think I'm good to go with carrying that size pistol.

But, I also want to start using an optic on my EDC. So, after considering various options, I've decided to build my own EDC to my specifications. It's built, but I've got to get it fine-tuned. After at least 500 rounds without a malfunction, I'll consider promoting it to EDC. More testing this weekend.

My Polymer80 PFC9 next to my Glock 19:
Wood Font Metal Fashion accessory Gun accessory

The old G27:
Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Trigger Starting pistol

What is best? Whatever is best for YOU.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 · (Edited)
I can think of many times things felt good in my hands but my target(s) slapped the schnit out of me!:cry:
Yes not surprisingly , the old adage : The lighter the weapon the more felt recoil 'Normally' - I'll take Smooth over 'Snappy' any day of the week ! (y) (y) (y) 'G'

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Just remember,
God made 1911's to keep the unenlightened away from the Glocks. :)
If that's the case : I'll gladly Stay 'UN enlightened' . As for Me , Nothing Will take the place of Mr. Earl's 007 Competition .45 acp in Any Respect . 'G'

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
I've carried a Glock 27 (sub-compact) for probably 2 decades. But, after making a run at the "Dicken Drill" with my G27 and "passing" but still disappointed... I decided to consider moving UP in size to a G19 (compact). I have an old Gen 2 Glock 19 that I've been carrying for a couple of months as a "test." And, I think I'm good to go with carrying that size pistol.

But, I also want to start using an optic on my EDC. So, after considering various options, I've decided to build my own EDC to my specifications. It's built, but I've got to get it fine-tuned. After at least 500 rounds without a malfunction, I'll consider promoting it to EDC. More testing this weekend.

My Polymer80 PFC9 next to my Glock 19:
View attachment 77677

The old G27:
View attachment 77678

What is best? Whatever is best for YOU.
You are Truly Talented my Friend ! Very Nice (y) (y) (y) 'G'

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
You are Truly Talented my Friend ! Very Nice (y) (y) (y) 'G'
Ha! I don't think I would say "talented." Just persistent and throw in a little "OCD" tendencies. 🤪 Also.... a non-conformist who enjoys making liberals cry. 😈

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Ha! I don't think I would say "talented." Just persistent and throw in a little "OCD" tendencies. 🤪 Also.... a non-conformist who enjoys making liberals cry. 😈
Well like a few others on here , you truly are quite modest (y) (y) (y) 'G'

·
Super Moderator
32,243 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: racer88

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
15,971 Posts

·
Registered
15,971 Posts

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Ok Gotcha .. Thanks ! I think the last movie I saw was about 15 years ago , all Except for Showtime now :rolleyes::unsure::whistle: 'G'
This movie came out 23 years ago (1999). Was a box office failure. I think the humor went over the muggles' heads. But, it became sort of a "cult classic" later. Kind of a dark comedy.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 · (Edited)
This movie came out 23 years ago (1999). Was a box office failure. I think the humor went over the muggles' heads. But, it became sort of a "cult classic" later. Kind of a dark comedy.
Understood ! One Correction : The last movie I remember going to was in Lakeland Fl .. That would be around '88 -'92 . I Never liked people sitting Next to or Behind me for sure .

I always looked for an escape route , due to the mine explosions I / we encountered in Mech Inf' ..Makes sense to me 'Now' ...

*Even when i worked at the Gas Pipeline Utility company , we had occasional OSHA safety meetings . I would Always stay 'Outside' that room if possible .

*Now I'm talking the Early'70's until My herniated 3rd Disk . Retired on Partial disability 25% in '88 . I missed my 50% By only [ 2 ] Months & 'They Knew It Too' !

Moved to Lakeland Fl. '88 ..Got my CWP in '89 & On !!! Loved It & I Was Now Born Again with My New found Freedom and Firepower (y)(y)(y) 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 'G'

121 - 139 of 139 Posts