Florida Concealed Carry banner
101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
14,974 Posts
My 5th group friend said when they found a cache of guns/handguns on raids, whenever a G19 was found, those with rank took dibs on them.

Yes, they often found glocks used by terrs in country.

WHY?--- reliable to a fault
And the guys I train at SOCSOUTH want H&K’s

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
My 5th group friend said when they found a cache of guns/handguns on raids, whenever a G19 was found, those with rank took dibs on them.

Yes, they often found glocks used by terrs in country.

WHY?--- reliable to a fault
Yes They Are That Mr, Brownie ! (y)(y) 'G'

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
IMO .. The 'Glass Casket' Of Course [ Corvette ] Starting way back in 1953 (y)

P,S. - Just don't get into an accident with one , they tend to crack like a Bottle . Also in a fire , 'They Melt' 'G'
We’ve been very happy with our Dodge Chargers for the last nine years.
They have plenty of power; are very nicely appointed, and still have plenty of room for the grandkids. 👍

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
We’ve been very happy with our Dodge Chargers for the last nine years.
They have plenty of power; are very nicely appointed, and still have plenty of room for the grandkids. 👍
Now Y'all are talking my game ! MOPAR ! I had [ 4 ] different models ..
My nicest one [ not the fastest ] was my '60 New Yorker ' 413 ' Wedge [ Black 2 door HT ] Best interior I've ever owned , Equal + to my '75 Cordoba [ 360 ] (y) (y)'G'

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Now Y'all are talking my game ! MOPAR ! I had [ 4 ] different models ..
My nicest one [ not the fastest ] was my '60 New Yorker ' 413 ' Wedge [ Black 2 door HT ] Best interior I've ever owned , Equal + to my '75 Cordoba [ 360 ] (y) (y)'G'
I had a '70 Cuda 440.
Could not afford the gas.
Hurst 4-speed, Dana 410, Bell blow-proof. Midnight blue metallic.
I probably have a photo somewhere.
Sweet ride. Not friendly with Mopar starters. :)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
I had a '70 Cuda 440.
Could not afford the gas.
Hurst 4-speed, Dana 410, Bell blow-proof. Midnight blue metallic.
I probably have a photo somewhere.
Sweet ride. Not friendly with Mopar starters. :)
[/QUOTE
"AWESOME" U B DA MAN (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :cool::cool::love::love: 'G'

·
Registered
15,874 Posts
I raced Mopar in street stocks exactly one year and realized I'd go broke buying parts. Moved to small block Chevy in sportsman and Late Models and still spent 30 grand on the engine

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
I raced Mopar in street stocks exactly one year and realized I'd go broke buying parts. Moved to small block Chevy in sportsman and Late Models and still spent 30 grand on the engine
My Barracuda was rough on starters.
The compression ratio was something on the order of 11:1.
I probably installed a new starter (well, a "re-manufactured" starter) every 3 or 4 months.

Of course, to get to it, you had to hire Harry Houdini.
From memory: Engine block, engine mount, headers, clutch linkage, steering, heat shield...
Basically, about 6 cubic inches to work with -- and the starter would only fit one way, or should I say "contort"?
... I mean, without removing the engine.

When the new Challengers and Chargers came out, (with air conditioning, I might add!!), I did seriously consider getting one.
But by then, the allure had worn off.

I presently drive a 4-door Jeep Cherokee. :)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
OUCH !!! Yep an expensive hobby . Right now I have a SBC in my '92 S-10 . Originally bought in '92 & still have her .. Lots of upgrades & about 10K to buy it new & another 15 K as she sits now ..

Still have to install my Be Cool new radiator , tune up etc . She just turned [ 30 ] exactly this year . Never been hit , straight body and Total of 42 K miles now .'G'

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
The very same reason I'm switching back to 9mm from .45 acp for training purposes. I just bought a training gun (9mm) for less money than I would have in a case of .45 training ammo.

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
OUCH !!! Yep an expensive hobby . Right now I have a SBC in my '92 S-10 . Originally bought in '92 & still have her .. Lots of upgrades & about 10K to buy it new & another 15 K as she sits now ..

Still have to install my Be Cool new radiator , tune up etc . She just turned [ 30 ] exactly this year . Never been hit , straight body and Total of 42 K miles now .'G'
I can help you install that radiator too…

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
I can help you install that radiator too…
WOW , You Are Too Much My Friend ! Thanks Again for Another Generous offer . I Finished the install with some 'modifications' . Just waiting to get back to do another system flush & install the new Thermostat & Hoses too .

Then Just a Final flush. Then Maybe some new plugs I have in stock . I also have to Relocate a fuel line as well .* My Back and The Heat Have kept me from doing the final stuff .. Very Soon after things Hopefully will die down a bit (y) (y) 'G'

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
My Barracuda was rough on starters.
The compression ratio was something on the order of 11:1.
I probably installed a new starter (well, a "re-manufactured" starter) every 3 or 4 months.

Of course, to get to it, you had to hire Harry Houdini.
From memory: Engine block, engine mount, headers, clutch linkage, steering, heat shield...
Basically, about 6 cubic inches to work with -- and the starter would only fit one way, or should I say "contort"?
... I mean, without removing the engine.

When the new Challengers and Chargers came out, (with air conditioning, I might add!!), I did seriously consider getting one.
But by then, the allure had worn off.

I presently drive a 4-door Jeep Cherokee. :)
A nice Vehicle Also ! I always wanted a regular jeep , or the Cherokee (y)'G'

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kimber pro cdpll Walter CCP m2 9mm both nice for large hands. I just moved to FL. So I will be looking for a summer compact pistol myself, I looking at the Kimber micro 9 nightfall on line. But Get what feels good in the hands and you can hit your target is the key. Good luck

101 - 120 of 139 Posts