Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is to find multiple opinions of Why Your Choice Is #1 . Any descriptions would help , meaning the norm : Reliability , Size , Mag Capacity , Weight , Trigger Pull / lbs , Sights , Caliber and Price . Any Pictures would be quite helpful , if you feel it necessary ..

I am Seriously considering my very first 'Newer' Concealed Carry Handgun . My First quite a few years ago , my Beretta Model 84 . I Liked the Open Slide for ejection . Now my Cz 82 9 mm Makarov , with JHP's .

I feel this is the Perfect Forum , as I do know I will get Varied responses . I am now totally open minded regarding even a striker fired , which even surprises me

*I would add to pare this post down a bit : *My Price Range I'm looking at $500 / $600. Thanks 'G' (y) (y) 馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥

Premium Member
I have a Glock 43
I have a Sig 365
Both are great 9mm small guns and easy to carry but I know I have them on my side due to the weight and size.
I also have a Kimber Micro 380 that I love because it is so light, I sometimes forget I have it on me. I use a Thorson leather outside holster at 3 o'clock.
I only have 7 rounds in this and use HST ammo but I also put on the grip laser which is perfect for me.
I just keep this gun covered with my un-tucked in T-Shirt and I never ever had a problem with anyone seeing I was carrying a gun.
Pulling the gun out and using the laser at 50 feet gets me on the man size target very easy.
I also have a S&W J-frame 38 that I carried for about 40 years but it is retired now (((FOREVER))))
Ronnie

PS:
Kimber also makes a Micro 9mm that I think would be easy to carry.
Whatever you choose, just be sure to hit a target at least 50 feet or more from where you stand.

• Helpful
Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Glock 43
I have a Sig 365
Both are great 9mm small guns and easy to carry but I know I have them on my side due to the weight and size.
I also have a Kimber Micro 380 that I love because it is so light, I sometimes forget I have it on me. I use a Thorson leather outside holster at 3 o'clock.
I only have 7 rounds in this and use HST ammo but I also put on the grip laser which is perfect for me.
I just keep this gun covered with my un-tucked in T-Shirt and I never ever had a problem with anyone seeing I was carrying a gun.
Pulling the gun out and using the laser at 50 feet gets me on the man size target very easy.
I also have a S&W J-frame 38 that I carried for about 40 years but it is retired now (((FOREVER))))
Ronnie

PS:
Kimber also makes a Micro 9mm that I think would be easy to carry.
Whatever you choose, just be sure to hit a target at least 50 feet or more from where you stand.
Hi Mr. Ronnie - Just about ready to hit the hay & checked in here . Two of the handguns you have listed were on my possibles list ! Excellent posting , very helpful and much appreciated . I thank you for your time to reply . (y) 馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫'G'

Registered
"It depends" gets used to the point of seeming trite, but it the legitimate response here nonetheless. What are your priorities? Here are the guns I've carried daily over the last decade or so:

Kimber Ultra-Carry II in .45acp. It's recoil isn't bad, and its accuracy is decent. Like most single stackers, it is comfortable and easily concealed. It's downside is finickiness after having a box of ammo run through it.

Bone stock Glock 19. Despite having thousands of rounds through it, I never became acceptably proficient with it. I believe it's more a matter of ergonomics for me personally. The Glock palm-swell seems to serve as a fulcrum point of imbalance in my hand.

Grip-chopped, grip-reduced Glock 21 with milled slide and Trijicon RMR. It's accurate, but with surprisingly robust recoil for its size. It's also a brick to carry. Do-able, for sure, but not my go-to gun nowadays when I want something larger with more capacity. Much easier to carry at 225 pounds strong-side than 180 lbs appendix.

Grip-chopped, grip-reduced Glock 17, also with milled slide, fitted with Leupold DeltaPoint red dot. My favorite double-stack 9 a decade after I got it, and the one I go for when I want more rounds and lighter recoil than my .45s. Scalpel accurate, reliable to the point of flawlessness but a bit cumbersome when wearing normal attire.

S&W Shield .45. My hands-down favorites for edc. Comfortable, thin, easily-concealed, no printing issues. More scalpels in a small package. Pleasant recoil for a .45. Also very responsive to red-dot sights.

I have carried others over the years which I also like, notably a S&W first generation M&P9c. I also have the 2.0 version, which I really don't care for because of added features that detract rather than enhance.

Hope this helps.

Premium Member
Living in Florida made my final decision easy due to the hot days & nights.
I only wear T-Shirts and I find that my Kimber is my "GHOST" gun because it has no trace of being seen.
Outside the waist is a no brainer due to the holster not on my skin ((only a little of the stock is)))
A 380 caliber due to small gun & less recoil for great follow up shots. ( Also small hands and 79 year old wrists)
__BUT_ You need to get the gun that is comfortable for you to carry in the Florida heat and easy for you to fire and hit the threat.
Ronnie

Registered
I'd have to go with the Shield's from S+W. The new shield + 9mm holds 13 rounds and is ultra compact for something that holds that many rounds.

Of course, for true every day concealment, my NAA PUG in 22mag. Hell, I could put it in a set of swimming trunks that have a pocket and swim with it as it's fully S/S. It's a firearm you can literally put in an empty cigarette pack.

Registered
I'd have to go with the Shield's from S+W. The new shield + 9mm holds 13 rounds and is ultra compact for something that holds that many rounds.

Of course, for true every day concealment, my NAA PUG in 22mag. Hell, I could put it in a set of swimming trunks that have a pocket and swim with it as it's fully S/S. It's a firearm you can literally put in an empty cigarette pack.
How does that Shield + compare dimensionally with the .45 Shield? Does it fit in a .45 molded holster?

Registered
How does that Shield + compare dimensionally with the .45 Shield? Does it fit in a .45 molded holster?
It fits in my leather holster I use for the 45acp shield great. I wouldn't have to change holsters if I got one, but not sure on the kydex holsters if it would work or not Mike

Registered
It fits in my leather holster I use for the 45acp shield great. I wouldn't have to change holsters if I got one, but not sure on the kydex holsters if it would work or not Mike
I've been looking hard at the 4" PC model, not that I need another carry gun.

Registered
SA XDs 9mm. Usually as a backup to a 1911 or (lately) HK45c. Finding the 1911 (full sized) easier to carry though, partially because of my holster collection.

Registered
If I'm wearing cargo shorts, I have a belt and on it is a holstered Glock AIWB.

For me, a Glock 19 size pistol is not difficult to conceal under a loose untucked shirt.
I don't have a gen 5 Glock 19 but I do have 17.5 and 34.5 and they are perfect, IMO.
If the gen 5 Glock 19 is as good as my 17.5 & 34.5 - its my top choice. (No compromise)
The Glock 19 is on par size wise with the Beretta 84 you mentioned in OP.
Glock G19 Gen5 vs Beretta 84BB Cheetah size comparison | Handgun Hero

I have a Sig 365 - it would be easier to conceal on belt than the 19.
I've carried it in a pocket holster, not belt; the 365 is pocketable for most of my cargo shorts front pocket. If you want the option of pocket carry it could work, no skinny jeans. Compared to the Glock 19 the 365 is a compromise, IMO.

Glock 43 - I have the regular old Glock 43. It is okay; but, I'd take the 365 over the 43.

S&W Shield - I had the standard old version; I thought the grip too slim. No longer have it.

• Helpful

Registered
S&W Shield - I had the standard old version; I thought the grip too slim. No longer have it.
I have one of those, as well. A half-hearted meh is the best I can give it. The .45 Shield has a noticeably-improved grip and all round better feel.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"It depends" gets used to the point of seeming trite, but it the legitimate response here nonetheless. What are your priorities? Here are the guns I've carried daily over the last decade or so:

Kimber Ultra-Carry II in .45acp. It's recoil isn't bad, and its accuracy is decent. Like most single stackers, it is comfortable and easily concealed. It's downside is finickiness after having a box of ammo run through it.

Bone stock Glock 19. Despite having thousands of rounds through it, I never became acceptably proficient with it. I believe it's more a matter of ergonomics for me personally. The Glock palm-swell seems to serve as a fulcrum point of imbalance in my hand.

Grip-chopped, grip-reduced Glock 21 with milled slide and Trijicon RMR. It's accurate, but with surprisingly robust recoil for its size. It's also a brick to carry. Do-able, for sure, but not my go-to gun nowadays when I want something larger with more capacity. Much easier to carry at 225 pounds strong-side than 180 lbs appendix.

Grip-chopped, grip-reduced Glock 17, also with milled slide, fitted with Leupold DeltaPoint red dot. My favorite double-stack 9 a decade after I got it, and the one I go for when I want more rounds and lighter recoil than my .45s. Scalpel accurate, reliable to the point of flawlessness but a bit cumbersome when wearing normal attire.

S&W Shield .45. My hands-down favorites for edc. Comfortable, thin, easily-concealed, no printing issues. More scalpels in a small package. Pleasant recoil for a .45. Also very responsive to red-dot sights.

I have carried others over the years which I also like, notably a S&W first generation M&P9c. I also have the 2.0 version, which I really don't care for because of added features that detract rather than enhance.

Hope this helps.
Very Very Much so ! Excellent posting and more food for thought .. I especially liked the way you broke each one down . Regarding 'The Depends' , I totally understand the many different scenarios .

My druthers are quite simple as i do have others , but just feel the need for something smaller , lighter & reliable etc. I do know that there is no gun that will fill all situations and threats . All this feedback helps give me direction . Thanks (y) (y) 'G'

Reactions: mike1956

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Les Baer Commanche Custom Carry, commander size 1911 8 rounds or the S&W M&P9C 12 +1 and in last place Glock 21 ,13+1 are 3 choices. That is what I carry most.
Thanks My Friend -Good choices ! 'G'

Premium Member
As any person in Congress as well as the Republican TURDS that voted for this GUN BAN will tell you.
"A CELL PHONE LINKED TO 911 IS BETTER THEN ANY GUN FOR YOUR PROTECTION"
These are very intelligent and well informed knowledgeable politicians that are way more savvy on firearms then we are.
They know about things I never heard of , such as the AR that used a 300 clip magazine that is as heavy as a moving box. The 9MM ammo that will blow a Lung clear out of the body. The 300 round clips. The AR that turns what it hits into useless destroyed game due to destroying the animal it hits.
Can I go on?

What you need is a good CELL PHONE and not a gun.
Ronnie 馃榿馃榿馃榿馃榿馃榿馃榿

1 - 20 of 61 Posts