Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Based on recommendations and research I went straight for the Glock for my first SD gun (notice I said first). My wish list is growing the more I venture into the world of lawful self defense. I even got jealous when I saw FLRon's safe :D. My latest want is a 9mm 1911. Why 9mm? Price, having only to buy one type of ammo for different guns etc.

Now what I'm looking for is reliability, reliability, reliability. I've read many forums and reviews about the 1911 platform and still have not gotten a definitive answer. Some people spend the money on a new gun and then spend some more customizing and changing many thing about the gun to make it more reliable. I'm not looking to customize this gun. I just want rock solid reliability out of the box like my Glock. Glocks are straight to the point tools but 1911's have style. Which manufacturer would you recommend for out of the box goodness or require the least amount of tweaking. Thanks for all your input in advance.

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
NkmG19,

I don't believe and have never owned or seen a 1911 style firearm that was as ultimately reliable as a glock.

I own several 1911's and the one in 9mm I own is the SA EMP. It's had a few teething FTF in the initial 3-4 hundred rds, since then it's been reliable for another 400 or so rds downrange.

Brownie

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts