Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
In addition to the above, another I would recommend you look at is Kore Essentials. I have two, one black web and the other tan, both still look brand new but they're 4 years old. No sag and almost infinitely adjustable.
4 years for me too with the Kore Essentials. I own one nylon, one black leather, and one brown leather. Very comfortable and sturdy. I’ve lost about 30 pounds in that time and only had to cut down the length and was good to go. It’s also quick and easy to loosen it on days I may over indulge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
Another vote for AG Custom Gun Leather. I wear suites for work and have purchased the 1.25” gun belts in 4 different colors and worn for many years. The 1.25” fits the suit pants better IMHO.

Highly recommend.

·
Registered
9,729 Posts
I’ve been using Nexbelt by Blade Tech to the 100% exclusion of every other gun and regular belt that I own for @ five years now. I did buy another just over a year ago now; so I’d have another belt color to pick from. The first one is still holding up fine; no sags anywhere.

They're also the most comfortable belts I’ve ever owned.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I use this for a g17 and 21 with no sag.

·
Registered
15,011 Posts
Reactions: LabGuy

·
Registered
9,729 Posts
Kore was having a sale 20% off for a re-enforced 1.5" leather and a nylon 1.5" EDC gunbelt bundle with an adjustabe trac system . I will let folks what I think after a few days of wearing them, hopefully no Shark like experences.
He has a Nexbelt, not a Core. That said; folks seem to be getting good service from them, too.

Though I had one of them back in the day myself; the “five stitch tactical wilderness,” etc. are years behind the Nexbelt in both comfort and function; there’s not even any reasonable comparison between the two. Those that recommend anything else haven’t tried a Nexbelt (or Core, I guess) yet. It really is that simple.

I have a few very nice custom gun belts; they’re all in the same drawer; not being used.

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
The last time I stood in front of the mirror with my EDC and T&T leather gunbelt it looked like after 10+ years it had streched and worse than that my Mom said you can see the outline of that gun. I was going to do her weekly shopping for her she wasn't feeling well, that has never happened before.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
You have picked the scab off the seething undercurrent of belt opinions on FCC! Whatever you do, please don’t say “with modern advances in ammo design, the 9mm is equal to the .45ACP”
I always say when it comes to gun folk “what’s the best xxx?” debate topics is akin asking a pack of wild dogs which tastes better, the squirrel or the rabbit? Some will say the squirrel, others will say the rabbit, the rest will say whichever “one I catch”. You could ask 50 of us the same question and get 75 completely different answers.

·
Super Moderator
31,669 Posts
^^^^
I was impressed how both the OP asked for "recommendations for a good gun belt," stating his requirements and how most, if not all responders stated their experiences with different brands of gunbelts they felt met the OP's requirements and why, which gave the OP several options to choose from! So well done on both the OP and virtually everyone who replied in this thread in avoiding the very subjective "best" debate! 👍👍

·
Registered
14,832 Posts
I carry the same gun in a Panther Concealment holster on a 511 belt. No sag nor droop and holds close tot hr body. I have the same belt in 3 colors.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
Well, you guys cost me money I went ahead and bought a Kore belt. I have been using the Nextbelt for quite a while now and, frankly, I’ve been having a little trouble.

For some time now I have been having trouble getting the angle of the panther IWB holster exactly right when clipping it over the belt. Sometimes I have to take the pistol out of the holster and rotate the holster forward and back to get it to click. I was going to call Jim and find out if something was going on with the holster(s).

When I took the Nextbelt off to size the new belt, I found that the Nextbelt has fractured kind of like the inside of the belt under the cloth material is broken in a couple of spots. This is the second time I’ve had that happen. I pretty much exclusively carry a 1911 commander size in a Panther holster. The holster clipped on the new belt without any difficulty at all so I think it’s actually the belt moving around a little bit that’s causing me the problem. I will post a picture when I run back out to the gun room.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts