Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a recommendation for a good belt. I carry a full size M&P 45 and i am frustrated with holster sag because my belt can't take the weight. I will be looking to purchase a new belt in a month or two and cost is a factor for me.

Help!?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have had good luck with Hanks belts. Had one that lasted four or five years before it started to get saggy. Just ordered a kydex reenforced belt as a replacement and it is very well made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
Having worn them for years I think these are my top three with the most expensive first: AG Leather, Al Garcia is the owner and is a very helpful person and very accessible. Next I like the super bio belt referred to above. They are very sturdy and very plain. Lastly, the blade tech belt is the cheapest of them all, the most adjustable. Read the directions first, I had a difficult experience learning how to loosen the buckle. I’ll tell you about it someday.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
^^^^ Those aren’t bad belts at all IMHO. I’ve got one myself. I find it a little on the stiff side, but not stiff as in uncomfortable stiff.

What you need is a proper gun belt. One made specifically to carry the extra weight of a holstered firearm.

I also have a belt from Dave at http://www.roninleatherholstersllc.com/ He‘s a veteran, a former Floridian and does solid leather work. Also just a genuinely nice guy.

·
Super Moderator
31,669 Posts
In addition to the above, another I would recommend you look at is Kore Essentials. I have two, one black web and the other tan, both still look brand new but they're 4 years old. No sag and almost infinitely adjustable.

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
Reactions: Deptydog90

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
I have a re-enforced bull hide gun belt from T&T gun leather it's 10 years old or more and still look's great. I always carry a 45 1911 or glock 21 and 2 spare mags it has held up very well.

·
Registered
15,803 Posts
I use Al at A&G.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
In addition to the above, another I would recommend you look at is Kore Essentials. I have two, one black web and the other tan, both still look brand new but they're 4 years old. No sag and almost infinitely adjustable.
I also have the KORE and it is about 4 or more years old and sill like new.
Mine is the leather and the quality is "PERFECT"
I wear it 7 days a week using my OWB holster without ever a problem.
Ronnie

·
Registered
908 Posts
I switched from Wilderness Instructor belts to these several years ago. I carry every day, and have yet to wear one out:

In use:

Joint Jeans Hand Shoulder Leg

·
Registered
13,622 Posts
I have several of the above listed belts but almost always default to Kore. I have both types but like the leather more.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Bought a leather Kore based on recommendations from other members. Very good belt at a reasonable price. Holds a Glock 19 securely, with no sag. Have been wearing it a couple of times per week for about a year[?] and looks like new.

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
You have picked the scab off the seething undercurrent of belt opinions on FCC! Whatever you do, please don’t say “with modern advances in ammo design, the 9mm is equal to the .45ACP”
That’s not true….. it surpasses the .45acp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 42 Posts